Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A lot of good advise here, and I hate to be the bad news guy, but somewhere you have a water leak. The check/valve in the main supply line is to keep water from back flowing. If you cap that line off, or hook up to water supply with water pressure, your pump should not run with all the faucets closed. JMHO, that's the way my system works. It would drive me crazy to listen to that as well as knowing it's not supposed to do that. Good luck, and follow the yellow brick road.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by justimagination View Post
If you cap that line off, or hook up to water supply with water pressure, your pump should not run with all the faucets closed.
My pump will run. The inlet/pressure regulator must cut the pressure to 40 psi or so. My pump is rated at 50 psi, so it always starts if I switch it on when hooked up to city water until it gets to the higher pressure. The proof is when I turn on a faucet. The flow is stronger from the pump than from city, no matter how much pressure the city supply is.
I replaced my bath sink faucet. I used teflon tape on the connection thread, but I had a slow drip for months such that I had to keep a plastic pan under there to collect about a cup a day. I finally got so irritated after reconnecting it twice that I bought some thread compound which solved the problem. Reaching up under the back of the sink was just short of impossible, which is why I had issues. Water under pressure plus lots of connections equals issues.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninvic View Post
This is the Watts Part Number: Watts B-6780 1/2" Diverter Valve $40 in Canada from EMCO.
Thanks a lot. Getting ready to order it. The only thing that concerns me is access to the valve. Difficult to get to even after dropping my panel. Also, it appears two of the male connections on each side (see attached photo) may not be threaded because there doesn't appear to be a way to get a wrench on them. I'll figure it out but I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1940.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	7117  
ruskin219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskin219 View Post
Thanks a lot. Getting ready to order it. The only thing that concerns me is access to the valve. Difficult to get to even after dropping my panel. Also, it appears two of the male connections on each side (see attached photo) may not be threaded because there doesn't appear to be a way to get a wrench on them. I'll figure it out but I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.
All 3 ports are 1/2" NPT - you will need a small pipe wrench on the valve and another pipe wrench or crescent wrench for the fitting. You will have to loosen off the inlet diverter valve as well to give you enough room to get the wrenches in. Simple job, takes longer to talk about it than to do it.

Tags
water leaks, water pressure, water pump