Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #1

Water Pump will not start-fuse anywhere??

Water pump suddenly stopped working. Checked with voltage meter at the inside panel and the 2 switches at the 2 sinks and there is power but none of the three will turn on the pump. When I check the electric in the outside cabinet on the white plastic connector that should supply current to the pump there is no voltage. Is there a fuse somewhere?? We have a 2005 National RV Tropical xl
live2ride2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Having multiple control switches usually means there's a control board that the switches trigger to turn on the pump. Since you have power at the switches and none at the pump, it might be that control board. I have no idea where yours would be located. Before tearing out bulkheads and panels, check the pump itself by using jumper wires from a known 12 v (+) source and a known ground connection. I use a 12 v booster battery like this one:
12 Volt Power Supply and Jump-Start

If the pump works, you'll have to dig for the control panel. The fuse for the water pump is usually in with the other house 12v fuses, often a fuse box near your converter/charger.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #3

2005 National Tropical water pump problem

I was a bit wrong in my first message. George tested the water pump switches in the house with an O meter and there is continuity but no power. He pretty much knows this RV in and out and has never been able to find a water pump fuse.
Inside the coach below the monitor panel is another black panel with 3 rows of 11 "buttons" in each row with various names. one is monitor/water pump. And the panel says 12v circuit breakers push to reset. But when you push the little button it does nothing-no engagement. Just feels like you are pushing air.

We did double check the inverter cabinet and there are fuses but nothing for the water pump. Same with all the fuses in the small front cabinet on the driver side.

We will take your advice and check the pump with a 12v battery booster but our feeling is that the pump was working last night but is suddenly not so we are thinking the pump is good
We did test it and it is good so George has it hooked directly to the battery so we have water tonight
So it seems the switches are not working or not communicating with the pump-seems weird that 3 switches would not work
Any help appreciated
George and Barb
live2ride2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
As I said, you probably have a controller in the multiple switch system. Sometimes they are wired to work the ground side, so a bad ground connection could cause the problem. You should test to see if the pump has 12 v(+) full time and the ground is used to turn pump on and off.

This is a commonly used controller:
Products - Motor Controls - Water pump controllers - Water Pump Control
They are often found in the wet bay behind a panel or on the top of the compartment, perhaps above a tank.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:32 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Water Pump Control

This is located behind your water service panel

Description:
Monoplex water pump controller is designed to operate as a " low side " remote switch in 12V DC systems. Whilst the water pump controller was designed to control the domestic water pump in an RV or boat application, its use however is not limited ...
Product ID: 00-00145-100
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Before you beat yourself up trying to find the problem, gain access to the water pump and see if the wire might have pulled loose. On my last trip this happened to me. There is a two wire connector and mine vibrated apart. Apparently it wasn't closed tightly at the factory. Also, if it is the original pump, then there is a fuse at the pump. There is also a fuse on the 12 volt circuit board. Here is a link to the 12 volt circuit board in my MH. The water pump fuse is F21.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12v120vpowersystemallmodels closest to ours[1].pdf (706.9 KB, 185 views)
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #7

water pump

well ..i've replaced 2 water pumps...i have 2 fuses...one is an inline with the unit...and the other is with the other fuses by the inverter...check it out
gastly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, water, water pump