Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Cool Weather Pro Awning

Just a little note about Dometic Weather Pro Awning. My awning suffered from a gas strut blow out on the left side (non motor side). I call Dometic and asked for a part number on the Gas Strut and was told that it is a non-replaceable part and I would have to buy the whole Left Arm assembly at a cost of $600.00+. I did some serious research. My model number 8551003.400U and according to anything I found no part number for the gas strut. However, Dometic does make a 9100 series awning, so after some research found the part number for the gas strut on the 9100, which is 3310555.000. Dometic has two different size struts, one for standard awning hardware and one for basement awning hardware. My awning was (according to the model #) the basement model. I ordered 1 strut on a gamble that it was the same strut as that used on my model. It took 15 minutes to place the new strut on my awning and it fits and works perfectly. Don't order the whole arm assembly just get a new strut.
Johnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Weather Pro Awning

Thanks for that info. Do you have a photo of that awning and strut?
Old 07-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Weather Pro Awning

Here are some pics of the strut and awning. The only problem with the awning now is, it doesn't seem to work, either retracting or extending in hot weather. It works perfectly as long as the outside temp is below 90.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1528.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	209938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	209939  

Old 07-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Sounds like the gas shock may be too strong. I know on my hatch glass on the car if I leave it up in the heat it’s harder to close, maybe the gas is expanding?
Can you tilt yours down or is it like most power awnings that only extend out?
Old 07-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Weather Pro Awning

My awning is the one that only extends. I believe the heat problem has to do with the motor. I have read other threads that indicate the motor may have an overheat protection circuit. My awning, as of right now, gets baked in the sun all day long. If I try to extend it on a overcast day, no problem. Hot sunny clear day, problems. It delays when heated. I will probably be looking into fixing or replacing the motor next,

Tags
awning