Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #29

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 05 Dolphin Ijust put the exit thru the hole first and haven't had a problem.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I installed a larger pie plate you can find one in a marine store they are common to use for access holes in boats. We have a 2006 tropical
Mark2250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:23 AM   #31

We didn't have this issue until we switched to Rhino Sewer Hoses. I had to take the end off to get through the access hole and put it back on before connecting every time. This past weekend, I bought a 5" access hole, and drimmeled it out and made it larger. Solved my problem for $20.
maf92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennersonf View Post
It would be easier to switch the type of sewer hose you are using. I've used the "Prest-o-Fit" Blueline hoses and connections for many years and have been very happy them. They fit through the bottom hole in the service bay with no problem.

I found the Prest o fit, Blue line work great. Keeps a couple of extra hoses up front, and bought slip on couplings. I can go from 10-30 ft. In a blink. And it goes right in the storage compartment
Old 11-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #33

On my 2000 Tropical the drain pipe is vertical and doesn't line up with the too small 4" hole. I enlarged both wet bay holes to 5" and installed marine access covers. I installed two 90 degree clear elbows which then lines up perfectly with the forward access hole. I am now able to connect the stinky slinky through the hole and avoid the edge of the compartment. Everything drains well now.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
I use the Blue presto fit. Slides right thru- Works Great. I can run 30 feet and no leaks. I have been using them for last 20 years.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #35

The thing to do is to get you a 5 inch, enlarge the hole and install and you are home free.
Why in the world they put z 4 inch deck plate in no one will ever know. You cn trim the ears on the hose but then you can weaken it.
Revleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #36

National RV Owners Club
We own a 2000 National Surf Side with the same issue. I used a Dremel tool to make the drain hole big enough to accommodate the standard size sewer tube. Not necessary to cut off the 4 bayonet connection tabs which hold the sewer drains together. A standard sewer tube end cap, the square kind, fits nicely over the hole in the bay.
RAB TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:05 PM   #37

I'm glad I searched for this topic here.

I've been wondering what I was doing wrong.

We've only had our 06 Sea Breeze for under a year. I always just put the elbow end of the RhinoFLEX through the port and then threaded the rest of the 15' tube.

This isn't a big deal when setting up because the tube is dry, but when breaking down, you then have to un-thread the whole dirty tube back through the 4" port which didn't make sense to me since that can't be done with the cap on the hose. I would always end up with some leakage even when being careful.

I've now ordered a 2' extension tube with caps and a 5" marine port from Amazon. If the extension tube doesn't work, then the dremel is coming out.

I actually considered getting some PVC pipe and turning my sewer "innie" into an "outie" with a few connectors and angles. Better to have a few drips into the dirt or street than into the compartment.
BZLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:07 AM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Making it bigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdancer View Post
Hi All,
I'm a new RV'er. I just bought a 2006 National sea breeze that looks like the previous owner really took good care of it. I made my first trip and had a blast. Then came the dirty work of dumping the waste tanks. So I read all the stuff I could read to make sure that I didn't do anything stupid and completed the task with minimal problems. What I could not figure out was that there is a big hole in the bottom of the waste control bay that looks like it was made to run the stinky slinky out the bottom of the box and straight down. It seems to me that that is the way to go, but the tube heads wont fit through the hole. So Instead I had to run the tube up and over the edge of the bin and then down to the ground and the waste receptacle. Doing it this way causes the turds to gather in that small area between the edge of the bin and the waste valve connection. It would be a much cleaner drop for the turds to go straight down and then to the ground. I do not understand why they made the connections just slightly bigger than the hole that is there. Am I doing it wrong? Do I have the wrong size slinky? ( the rv shop only had the one size.) Or should I take a saw and cut the hole bigger? Please advise!!
There are a number of answers to your question that have been previously posted. See if you can get to them.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:09 AM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Making it bigger

There are a number of solutions previously posted that will give you recommendations.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why not make one of these and make all your troubles go away.

Mike in Colorado
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	718.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	369459   Click image for larger version

Name:	720.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	369460  

Click image for larger version

Name:	719.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	369461   Click image for larger version

Name:	721.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	369462  

2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote