Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2003 Allegro Bus dash heater core leak

I have started to have antifreeze leaking out of the heater box on my coach. Hoses both look good, so I doubt that's the problem. Looks to me like it's the heater core. Has anyone had their heater core replaced or have done it themselves? I don't think I can get to it from inside the coach under the dash. And it looks pretty tough to get to after pulling out the generator and trying to get behind the front cap. I can shut the two valves off back at the engine to stop any further leak, but I'd really like to have dash heat. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Tahoejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
we have an open road 36la. migrating back from southern california to bc in march, began to smell the leak first. between the tiffin dealership (knowing how to get at the heater core) and the ford dealership (knowing how to repair the heater core) the job got done. took a week. and due to covid, we could not be in the motorhome.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:13 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From what I have read, you will have to take the dash apart to get to service the heater core. Not a fun job.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #4

We had a leak in my '02 Bus heater core. I replaced it myself but it was a bit of a job. You can reach it through the generator compartments. I took the outer fiberglass portion of the door off and was able to reach all of the screws. That was a couple of years ago and everything has been working fine since. I have heard it was over $1K to have it done so I opted to spend a day and do it myself.
gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the replies! So there is hope! Looks like it may be a job I will tackle myself, although I dread it Gorgeguy, or anyone, any idea where I would find the right part number and vendor to order a replacement?
Tahoejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #6

I think I called Tiffin for the number and the actual part was discontinued but I got a replacement one that worked from the heater core people. I can't remember the name of the place that I ordered the part from.
gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, allegro bus, dash, heat, heater, leak