Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #1

2004 35DA charges house battery

Plugged into 120V and Factory 120 to 12v working great and house batterys being charged.

Unplug from 120 V nothing charging because 120 to 12V converter has no power.

Assume if I start generator... same as connected to 120.

1. What if I am driving down the road... are the house batteries being charged?
2. assume I connect the "starter" battery to the house battery only while driving anyone see a problem developing? Aware of 6V vs. 12 V. I see "maybe" starter bat and house bat having different charge levels thus charge continues until both a fully charged.
3. I do own a DUEL BATTERY ISOLATOR AND would hook it up if that would help. I think all it does is keep the second battery from draining the first battery or maybe it does more

Thanks in advance
anderson2624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If electrical breaker "ON" for invert/converter, yes, then that appliance will supply voltage charging to the house set only. Vehicle batteries will not receive a charge. Either running engine or a dedicated charger needed. If vehicle batt is weak, use the momentary switch on dash to connect both systems in order to crank the engine.

1. While driving, the engine's alternator is charging both vehicle & house battery array with 14+ voltage.
2. Not necessary for you to connect the two systems (due to the above charging). Your 6 volt units are arranged in a 12 volt configuration. Correct, alt. will charge them to full.
3. MH already has an isolator between vehicle & house sets. Redundant to add another. Alternator charge is a one-way and the engine cranking "boost" switch on dash is a by-passing of the isolator device already in-place.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #3

YOU and others are what makes this FORUM special.

THANKS

GENE
anderson2624 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery