Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #1

2005 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37db

About to take delivery of a 37 db in next week. Tell me pros, cons and anything else before I actually sign on the dotted line..
caffertym is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffertym View Post
About to take delivery of a 37 db in next week. Tell me pros, cons and anything else before I actually sign on the dotted line..
I actually just took delivery of a 2007 Allegro Open Bay 35 TSA.. For the value, options and price I felt I got a great deal. I'd been researching for an upgrade to a class A from a class C for over a year and just happened upon this unit at an rv show I went to "just to pass the time." What really impressed me, other than the fact of how well the coach was maintained, was the quality of the cabinets.

The owner keep good records of nearly every service and left them with the coach when he traded it in. I, like you, was confused, but relied on my research and review of the coach. If something's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.

Now that it's mine, hey..."I feel good!"
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
paz

Quote:

The 37DB is a great floorplan. We love ours, although we do sometimes wish we had 2 slides in the living area.

What chassis is the motorhome built on? If it's on a Workhorse W22, you may be a little short on CCC. Also, if it's on a W22, make sure the Bosch brake recall was done. Read about it HERE. The seller should be able to use the VIN to check the Workhorse website.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
FWIW: The bosch brake recall compliance should be evident by a yellow decal in the vicinity of the master cylinder. look for the number: 51101-C handwritten on the label.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #5

thanks

Well haven't gotten much input but the ones I have I thank you. Have had to push back my pick-up date to 8 July. One window needs a new seal and some part I need to tow the truck is going to take longer than expected. That's what I get for buying a RV while at my father's house in Texas while living in Kentucky. The nice thing about pushing back the date is that everything gets to slow down and looked at carefully. Also with my health issues I believe it is the good lord looking after me ultimately. So now I get to spend 4th of July with my sister in Texas plus spend time with my father and stepmother when they get back from their first cruise to Alaska. I can't wait to drive the MH back to Kentucky in a leisurely manner. Already planning side trips on the way back!!!!!

I can't find a lot of information about the red devil vacuum cleaner so far though!!! hmmmmm!!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Well haven't gotten much input but the ones I have I thank you. Have had to push back my pick-up date to 8 July. One window needs a new seal and some part I need to tow the truck ........ The nice thing about pushing back the date is that everything gets to slow down and looked at carefully........ Already planning side trips on the way back!!!!! .......
Don't know how big your truck is, but did you consider the GCVWR of the coach you plan to buy?

IF it is built on the Workhorse W-22 chassis, you only have 4,000 pounds to add to the 22,000 GVWR for the coach. If Tiffin built yours on the W-24 or W-25.5, then no worries. However, with either chassis, you will want to add supplemental braking to the truck to be safe. Good luck and safe travels. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Caffertym
We have an 05 Allegro Bay DB 37' on a Workhorse 22 chassis with the 8.1 Vortec engine. We have really enjoyed it for eight years. We have put 33,000 miles on it mostly in the last few years since we retired. Considering it being a gas burner it has adaquate power. We took it over the Rockies out of Denver last spring and it did very well. The paint on it is like brand new. We have taken care of it and if anything we have over serviced it. The floor plan is great and if we had it to do again we would do it again. In fact our next coach will be a Tiffin. We will be taking the Tiffin plant tour in July as we are considering a Phaeton. One thing that you will want to check is the tires as they need to be replaced by this time. We replaced ours last year. You mention towing a truck. Remember that with a gas motorhome you cannot tow over 5,000 pounds. Our Suzuki is under 3K. The Red Devil central system works well but we still like a small stand up unit with the brushes for cleaning the carpet. Over all I think that you would be happy with the Allegro Bay.
Coffee Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Caffertym:

Before I took delivery I would have the coach weighed to be sure it will do what you want. My 2005 Allegro Bay weighs over 1400 pounds more that the RVIA weight label in the back closet. Not to go into details here, but if you search for my post back on 11/19/10 in the Tiffin forum you will see all the details.

Suffice it to say that if you use the RVIA sticker you may be SIGNIFICANTLY over weight and subject to the issues that brings about (zipper blowouts, cracked brake rotors, glazed pads) not to mention if you get stopped by a DOT officer and he weighs you, you might have a bad day.

I really like my Allegro Bay, but there is no excuse for the bad weight info on the RVIA label from the factory. I would not have bought it had I known the real weight. Multiple calls to Tiffin asking for the weight at the coach's birth (which they told me they had) were never returned.
deputydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #9

Well bought the coach, the Dealer was at Ronnie Bocks Rv in Kerrville Tx. I must say they have given me the best experience possible. I had arranged for them to install a quick disconnect for the Ford Ranger I am going to tow behind the rv, they installed. They paid for us to stay two days at a very nice camp grounds along the river. Any thing that I found to be an issue they have addressed. Since I am new to this, they answer all my calls and questions along the way home. On the Way home it started raining, which didn't happen while we were there in Texas, I discovered a small leak, dripping down the light fixture between the two seats. They are paying to have the leak found and fixed, that was done today by the local rv place. I can't wait till be get the house leased and I hit the road for two years. Since I have basically bought a house on wheels, I think that there will be things along the way but that is half the adventure.. LOl.. .

Tags
tiffin