Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2022, 12:19 PM   #1

2006 Allegro Bay TV wiring or harness diagram

I have a 2006 Allegro Bay 34XB and need a wiring or harness diagram for the TV/Satellite cables. Many RV parks are now using an HD signal only - I still have the older analog TV's. I have a digital/analog signal converter box that I am using with a KingJack HD antenna that I installed recently but I want to rewire so I can select either the HD antenna or the park cable to the converter input without having to physically plug/unplug the coax when the park cable is not HD. I never use the Satellite dish or VCR so I would like to identify those cables and just tie them off. There are also two splitters in the OH compartment that I don't know what they are for. Tiffin says they don't have any wiring diagrams but they must have some info (harness) for them to build it. Appreciate any help on this...........
06allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2022, 04:23 PM   #2

Nick Brewer in Red Bay is a good resource, phone number (265) 460-5245. He has been willing to answer questions for me. He seems to have an extensive knowledge of the AV systems installed by Tiffin. He does an excellent job with upgrades and new systems.

I had a similar need, for a different reason, and just started to connect and disconnect cables until I figured out what they did.
BRodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:17 AM   #3

2006 Allegro Bay TV wiring or harness diagram

Thanks for the reply - I talked to Nick and he was helpful, but he is mostly the satellite guy. Said I should call Tiffin and they would only talk to me as they don't have any diagrams to share.
I guess I will have to do the same - just identify the cables I need and tie off the rest.................
Old 03-11-2022, 02:21 PM   #4

HD/Digital on Analog TV Solution

[Mod Edit]

After failing to find a wiring or harness diagram for the TV/Satellite cables in my MH I decided it was too difficult and expensive to switch the TV's to newer HD models. So I came up with a Digital to Analog wiring scheme that is working just fine and for for only $65.00 in components. Just use a D to A converter, coax signal splitter and an A/B switch.

I have attached the diagram and a few instructions for using - hope I may have helped others out there with similar problem...........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV HDTV Mod.pdf (42.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 03-11-2022, 03:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06allegro View Post
Just use a D to A converter, coax signal splitter and an A/B switch.
That D-to-A converter will need a QAM tuner in order to decode unscrambled HD cable TV.

Suggest you look at something like this instead: THOR CATV RV & ATSC RF Decoder which can convert over-the-air HDTV and HD park cable.

Here's a YouTube video about it:

TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #6

A much cheaper version is available from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/3300STB-Conve...%2C2913&sr=8-5
Tom_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:22 AM   #7

D to A Converter

I am using the Ematic AT103 Digital Converter box which supports QAM and is $39.99 from Walmart online...............

Tags
allegro, wiring