Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #1

I am intrested in any feedback we can get on the 2009 Zephyr as we intrested in getting one. Thank you in advance.
Bill & Linda Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #2

Check out this site.
Good luck.
http://tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/
JBTcajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #3

A super nice rig, but too fancy for salmon fishing and boondocking in Alaska. We'll stick with our Bus.

Good luck, John
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #4

Would buy one in a heart beat. Good company with a great mh. I would love to see Tiffin make a 38ft. Zephyr.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Is the Zephyr built on a semi-monocoque chassis?
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #6

The Zephyr is built on a Spartan K2 chassis that has a IFS front end with a 56 degree wheel cut. It's not a semi-monocoque chassis. Roadmaster straight axle chassis have a 51 degree wheel cut.
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I'm looking for a Tag axle with a genuinely soft ride. Visited the Houston RV show yesterday and really like the Zephyr - and it is nice! Even has the VORAD accident avoidance system.

We have really liked our Monaco Diplomat, but the ride, while very stable and feels extremely safe, is a bit firmer than we want right now.

I'd really like to hear your opinions about overall quality and ride.

Thanks,

Bud
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #8

Have you considered looking at a Allegro Bus 43QRP? They are very nice coaches with similar chassis characteristics except for the engine, about $120k lower in price and not as much fluff unless the fluff and a 500hp engine is what you are really looking for. The new Tiffin Powerglide chassis is an Awesome setup under a Bus......
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #9

We recently purchases 2009 Allegro Bus 43 QRP. Although its been a while since I have seen a Zepher, some of what I did see in one has been brought over to the Bus in 09.
wagon217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #10

wagon217: Will you please tell us which CHASSIS you have? Thanks, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #11

We are starting our third year with our Big "Z". We have had our fair share of problems (frankly much more than I ever anticipated from a top of the line Tiffin coach) and even had to send it back to the factory for a new tile floor. My estimate is that we are in the $50K range on warranty repairs. Throughout it all Tiffin has accomplished everything we have asked including a six month extension on the warranty. It's been out of warranty now for over six months, and we just had an auto door lock on one of the bay doors fail, seems the ground wire was too short and finally disconnected - a half hour labor to repair - Tiffin warranted it. I guess that is what the folks come to expect as Tiffin owners. I do feel the interior build quality had lowered in the last few year's Tiffin offerings. We saw an 09 Z recently and saw many of the same flaws with the wall tile work and flooring to include a cracked entry step and grout loose and missing - of course all of this is "pre fabbed" in sheets and simply laid down on the assembly line (was fortunate to see a couple of Z's being built while I was at the factory). But there appears to be no QA on these items. Make sure all of the solid wood finish is up to your level of expectation as it cannot be repaired (dings, dents ,router gouges, etc.) There is a fiberglass cracking issue on the lower forward side of frame next to the driver's side BR slide out - mine hasn't cracked yet but I have seen a few that have and some have reported multiple trips to Red Bay to get it fixed, and it keeps cracking - from what I have read it is showing up on other tag models as well.

As far as the ride and drive, we had an 06 Diplomat before this coach - lots of wheel play to drive it in a cross wind, and a general "floaty" ride in my view. My wife commented many times that she felt like she was getting off of a boat after hours in the Dip - of course it could have been my driving technique as well! The Spartan K2 in the Z has a fantastic ride and drive to me - firmer than the Dip. I liken the DIp to a Cadillac ride wise and the Spartan K2 to a BMW or Mercedes sedan - much more precise steering and the coach re centers itself in pitch and roll with much less oscillation than the Dip. My steering inputs have reduced substantially as well with the K2, and it's much less fatiguing to drive than the Dip. I would say it is less "drive" and more "ride" in the K2 than the Dip's Roadmaster. I recently drove an 09 45 foot Dynasty, and it reminded me somewhat of the DIp steering wise, less precise than the K2 but more precise than the Dip which is to be expected, in other words more steering input is required in the Dynasty when compared to the K2 chassis, but the Dynasty has less steering input than the Dip. The coach leveling system on the Dynasty is a very impressive system. During aggressive maneuvering , the coach remained relatively level. The Z would roll more. The Dynasty seemed to have a somewhat softer ride than the Spartan. For a long days drive (which is our norm) my preference would be the Spartan K2 over the Roadmaster.

Any specific questions, I would be happy to answer.

Wally
wpitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #12

Well forgot to say we have 2007 45 QEZ and bought it new.

Wally
wpitts is offline   Reply With Quote