Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #1

Exclamation 2010 Allegro msrp

please advise on new Allegro. MSRP is 115505 w/options. I have the MSRP before options nor the list of option costs. This has been done
over the phone. Options include the 208 chassis, drivers door, powered
driver/passenger seats, surround sound. This is the Allegro 30DA.
Standard for 2010 is fantastic fan in bath,paint protective flim, 2 13,500
ac's, side view cameras, leveling jacks. Should I try for 10-15% off the
115505? This is my first new rv and first allegro. They are giving me
58700 trade for my 05 itasca cambria tricked out, whic h I still owe
38800 on.
Thankyou all who have written in this forum about msrp and discounts.
Jamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #2

What I did was contacted 4 or 5 dealers with a RFP (request for proposal)... spec list of options and model that was looking at. Let each know that you are comparing prices so they need to provide you with their best price. If you are interested in trading your current RV...that needs to be in the mix as well.

I tend to believe you are better off selling your current RV than trading it.

Had a dealer offer me much more than I originally paid for my RV on a trade for a new one. Smoke and mirrors! in my opinion! Maybe its me but I have not seen a used vehicle sell for more that the original cost. His final price was 20k higher than others dealers.
wagon217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #3

I agree, sell your coach yourself if you possibly can. We got a LOT better deal using cash instead of a trade and knew exactly where we were and what the price comparisions we were getting actually were. There IS a market for used coaches just price it realistically (lower than dealers will sell them and more than dealer will give you) and somone will fall in love with it. Do this especially if it is in good condition and you can recommend it without reservation to be a good unit. just my opinion. Good Luck. Gene
Old 07-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #4

Hi I do not want to rain on your deal, but you should understand the numbers your dealer is giving you. The Retail value (what a dealer can sell your unit for is between 40,000 and 45,000. The true trade value of your unit is most likely around $25,000-$30,000. I know you do not want to hear that, but it is what it is. The difference between the true trade value and what they are giving you is discount off of the MSRP.

With this dealer or any other, ask for the amount financed number. Bottom line you do not really care if it is discount or trade just what are you going to pay in the end. Today dealers are discounting new coaches 25% or more, but the banks are killing trade values. I hope this rambling helps.

2009 Phaeton 40QTH
Wade & Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
paz

HERE is a link to Cruzer's web site. He has pricing posted for Tiffin models, but the 2010 model pricing isn't available yet. Take a look at the 2009 Allegro pricing. Hopefully, it will give you an idea of what is standard, what is optional, and a rough idea of the price of options.

From what I have read in the past, a 20-25% discount from the list price is reasonable for most RVs, but Tiffins are in demand (even in this economy) and may not be discounted as much. As has been mentioned, the real problem is determining an accurate value for the trade-in. Because money is tight and the economy is down, dealers don't want to give you anything for your trade. Good luck.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #6

Also you need to remember if you buy the new coach outright instead of the trade you will have to pay sales tax on the whole purchase instead of the difference. For $40000 in my state that would be over $3000 in added taxes. If you were trading a $80,000 rig that would be over $6000 more tax.

Just one more thing to consider is how hard it will be to sell your coach. I advertised mine for months and never got even a nibble and it was a mint 2003 Allegro Bay 35db with 15000 miles.
rotts4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Another thing you might try is to see if they will provide you with a retail order sheet listing the base cost of the unit and the price on all options. Tell them you are wanting to make sure that you don't miss any options you might want.

Calculate a total MSRP on the unit yourself with the options you want, don't forget to add in the shipping cost to that number. Dealer should be willing to sell the unit to you for 20-25% off MSRP or maybe even more if they are motivated. Talk that price with them and then see what they will give you for yours or what the trade difference would be - total.

Don't forget that in some states, maybe all, you are saving money on the sales tax of the new unit by the amount of the trade value they are giving you. In other words you are only paying sales tax on the trade difference not on the sales price of the new unit.

Good luck.