Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #1

2010 Allegro where is water pump

I would like to winterize my 2010 Allegro 35qba but can't locate my water pump. Does anyone know where it is?
Thanks, china2
china3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #2

Should be somewhere near, if not in the same compartment where you hook up your water hose. That's typical anyway.
Gouda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #3

On my 2011 the pump is in the bay with the fresh water tank mounted on the floor. Facing the tank, right side IIRC.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #4

Smile found pump

Ok found pump. Its at the top of tank to right. However no hose to connect. What can I use or find one?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #5

water pump

This is China3. This is my first time trying to winterize. I am a female so I am not real good with this plumbing stuff. The hoses that are connected to the water pump are very small. So I am not sure where to get one? Does it have to be an RV hose or can I can get hose at Lowes or somthing.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #6

You should have a length of the hose, maybe 2' - 30" long with a fitting on one end. It should be near the pump somewhere or maybe in the bath area somewhere. Usually is right with the pump. The Tiffin owners manual will tell you how to use it to start your winterizing. If you don't have a manual, contact Tiffin. Same with the hose. You may be able to get the hose and fitting somewhere locally. I don't think Lowes etc carry those type of fittings. You can get the manuals on line here

http://tiffinmotorhomes.com/pdfs/man...ers_Manual.pdf
Gouda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 AM   #7

I really appreciate the replies to this thread. I just find it frustrating that the water pump was not where the manual said it was. And now there is no hose. When you read the instructions to winterize(I also watched the video) it doesn't sound hard to do. But then when you go to do it and you can't follow the manual, oh well, just venting(sorry) . I will call tiffin today about a hose.
thanks, china3
Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #8

china3, I have the same exact same problem, I have a 2011-35qba. What did they tell you to do? I called and they said they had never seen that setup, after I sent them pictures. I also thought I was crazy and just couldn't figure it out, even though I have had several RV's, so don't feel like you don't know what you are doing, it is a legitimate issue. They had told me to take it back to the dealer, but that is 70 miles for me.

Thanks,
Matt
masaholtzclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #9

Tiffin told me to open the basement compartments and turn on the water pump and follow the sound.I did the water pump was beside the fresh water tank. I had a friend help me with the winterization. Anyway we took off the hoses on the water tank off one at a time to find the whole that would suck the water in. That was towards the back. I did not have any hose for winterization. Called tiffin back they siad one should have come with the unit. I'm not sure the first 2 years I had a local dealer do the winterization. Anyway Tiffin sent me a kit for $24(tax+shipping). The permenant valve in the kit would not fit because of the location of the tank. So I attached the hose did get it winterized. Freezing weather was upon us. Then bought an elbow, and moved the water pump, attached the permanant valve and I will be good to go for next year. Being a woman I did not do this without a man knowing something about winterization.
I guess I have to look at it from the point I am learning about things a normal woman wouldn't know. UGh!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #10

winterizing 35qba

china3,

Thanks for the reply. I figured I would have to do some rearanging of the pump. Don,t cut yourself short on being a woman, you did your homework and figured something out, most men would just use duct tape .

Thanks,

Matt
masaholtzclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water