Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2016, 06:32 AM   #1

2010 Phaeton TV distribution box

My new to me 40QTH appears to not have a push button TV Distibution box.Is it all hard wired? I only see one cable marked Sat. In above the DH seat is that for both my portable dish ant. And the traveler? Thanks in advance for any help.
The Quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:16 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tiffin routes all signals to all TVs and you select what you want to watch on the TV itself.

There are usually two coax cables from the roof for satellite however, one also is used for the carry out satellite dish that plugs into the basement coax marked SAT. This one has an A/B switch mounted above the driver in the cabinet.

Signals from your Sat receiver are distributed via HDMI and component. In your vintage coach, one TV might be HDMI the others will be component (RGB + Sound). Splitters for these components are in the basement near or on the ceiling. The DVD player is wired pretty much the same.

If you have surround sound, the sound is provided from the center TV via optical cable to the home theater box. Doing it this way assures you have surround sound on live TV, Sat TV, and DVD.

Your source button on your TV is used to select between OTA (and that includes campground cable), satellite, and DVD.

You will now have even more questions but just go ahead and post them.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:23 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. I don't have an a/b switch above the driver, so guess its somewhere else on the 2010. My main question is when I put my sat receiver in the cabinet above the DS seat. I see the (sat. in) cable up there but no cable for the out to the TV's. Should'n there be an HDMI cable up there from the receiver out to the TV's?
The Quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:46 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The satellite receiver is not mounted above the driver. Are you sure somone didn't prep that area for a CB?

The satellite cables should be in the entertainment cabinet - which is above the passenger seat and mounted on the side wall. You should have a coax cable marked SAT1 (and possible one marked SAT2 as well). Output is via HDMI or component cables to the TV.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Note that the SAT1 and SAT2 cables may have their labels reversed. Mine are. I understand this is not uncommon to occur.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #6

Needing help here too... 2010 36QSH. Has had 3 interior TVs replaced. Do not have sat service and have not yet tried a park cable. Issue is that none of them find the digital antenna and I can't find a power switch for the antenna. Do have a hand held antenna rotate device in the front right cabinet. Any ideas?
NewTrav1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:59 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
On the cabinet above the passenger is your TV antenna controls. There will be a wall plate there with a coax connection in the center of it. On the bottom corner is a push button switch which turns on the signal amplifier required for OTA TV.

Your TVs must be set so the source is set to antenna. Try hitting the menu button and selecting Setup. Be sure and scan for available channels.

For cable TV, you will need to shut off the OTA amplifier. On the TV you will need to go to Setup again, and change from TV to Cable. You have to scan again for channels.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
On the cabinet above the passenger is your TV antenna controls. There will be a wall plate there with a coax connection in the center of it. On the bottom corner is a push button switch which turns on the signal amplifier required for OTA TV.

Your TVs must be set so the source is set to antenna. Try hitting the menu button and selecting Setup. Be sure and scan for available channels.

For cable TV, you will need to shut off the OTA amplifier. On the TV you will need to go to Setup again, and change from TV to Cable. You have to scan again for channels.
Roger, I have a customer with a 2010 Open Road Red and his rotator OTA antenna has quit. At work I replace one on a 2009 Phaeton with a similar looking Roadking (or whatever) but it didn't rotate. They said it was unidirectional. Our customer isn't real thrilled with it.

Do you have a suggestion on a replacement? I'd rather not cut through the roof to install a Jack.

Thank you!
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you are looking for a new antenna, the Winegard Rayzer Automatic is the replacement for the old HD360 antenna that Tiffin used. It connects via the coax for the old antenna and replaces all the inside parts from the old antenna. They are $300, however.

My HD360 antenna was pretty much dead from the get go. I use my satellite system for local channels since OTA signals can be a bit difficult in remote locations.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
If you are looking for a new antenna, the Winegard Rayzer Automatic is the replacement for the old HD360 antenna that Tiffin used. It connects via the coax for the old antenna and replaces all the inside parts from the old antenna. They are $300, however.
Thank you very much for that info. the WineguardRayzer will screw on where the old one came off and no entry into living space is required? Are there any controllers it uses from the old antenna system or simply the 12v connection and a good antenna coax?

Wow, I brought up Wineguard's info and installation of this looks like a massive undertaking.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quince View Post
Should'n there be an HDMI cable up there from the receiver out to the TV's?

On my 2011 phaeton I added a HDMI converter box to interface my sat receiver to the existing component video cabling in the coach.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote