Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to Saber77
2012 vs 2013 Breeze

We downsized from a 40' Newmar to a Via 25T -- a little too much downsizing, so we're considering a 32 Breeze. Several dealers are discounting 2012 Breeze 32 BRs for as little as $120K fully loaded. BUT, I've heard that the 2013s have several substantial improvements along with a higher price. Does anybody have any recommendations regarding the tradeoff between a 2012 and 2013 Breeze? Thanks.
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
May I suggest that you visit the Tiffinrvnetwork. You will have to join to access the forum. It is the best source of what is good and at times bad concerning Tiffin motorhomes. There are a lot of Breeze owners there who would answer any question that you may have concerning the Breeze. Regarding improvements, I know that TMH has made considerable changes and upgrades each year that the model was in production.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieSCPO View Post
May I suggest that you visit the Tiffinrvnetwork. You will have to join to access the forum. It is the best source of what is good and at times bad concerning Tiffin motorhomes. There are a lot of Breeze owners there who would answer any question that you may have concerning the Breeze. Regarding improvements, I know that TMH has made considerable changes and upgrades each year that the model was in production.
That would be my recommendation also.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #4

I've done quite a bit of research on the Breeze. I have been able to test drive the 2012 Breeze. I have to admit that the Breeze is an eye-catching coach that is a work-in-progress. I was seriously considering a 2012 Breeze, until the test drive. I believe this is a good platform that will evolve into a great coach in the years to come. In the meantime, I am not wealthy enough to be a guinea pig, so it is back to the Allegro 32 CA gas engine for me.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to Saber77
The Breeze was fairly nice, but there were several issues we couldn't live with such as no bedroom slides, no exhaust brake, no automatic step cover for the wife.......very small basement storage, etc. We did really like the U-shaped dinette -- very nice. Anyway, we got a new 2012 Phaeton instead and are very pleased with it.
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #6

We too started out w/ a 2011 Reyo 25t - it was too small for the two of us and a golden retriever. We traded after 6 mos. for a 2011 Serrano 31X. Then we saw and test drove a 2013 Breeze 28. Handling was so much better and the space utilization was optimal. We traded. After one weekend trip to the Oregon Coast, we are convinced that we've got the right coach this time ! I should point out that we spent 17 years Sailing so we were use to smaller living arrangements. We find the coach very liveable and not claustrophobic. I would like more basement space but there has to be give and take. We still can get 2 folding bikes, two chairs, a small table, 2 tool boxes and some safety accessories so it works - you just have to pack it better. Our fuel averaged about 14.2 for the trip.
johnandanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #7

I should have mentioned w/ that fuel usage - it was the dash calculation - I can't do the actual calculation yet. We don't tow.
johnandanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #8

If the Breeze was built before Jan 2012, then it does not have the needed updates that came after this date. We were looking at the Breeze and our source at TMH advised not to buy one built before Jan 2012. Apparently there were a lot of problems that were corrected beginning during Jan 2012 production.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #9

No one has really address your question. As an owner of a '12 32 BR I can say that I'm finally happy with the way it drives. I am averaging about 9.5mpg and the handling is fairly good now after frt end alignment and steering stabilizer added. The upgrades on the 2013 will be much appreciated, but I don't think they are worth the additional cost (nearly $20k I hear).

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #10

2012 vs 2013 Breeze

Paul and Eugenia, do you have any idea what all these upgrades are? I am mildly interested in a 2012 that was built about 1/2012. Thanks, Wayne.
wayne0 is offline   Reply With Quote