Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2016, 04:39 PM   #1

2014 36 LA rear toilet won't flush

Have 8700 rear toilet, fills but won't flush. Any ideas? Thanks Don.
bondobuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondobuggy View Post
Have 8700 rear toilet, fills but won't flush. Any ideas? Thanks Don.
You may have checked this already, if the indicator light is red, it won't flush. The red light indicates black tank has a high level. I think you can force it by pressing both buttons at the same time.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
HGC

36la rear toilet won't flush

We have a 2014 36LA and have had the same problem. Turned out after fidgeting with the wiring under the sink on the upper left of the sink cabinet I found our problem. The controller unit uses a telephone type of connector cable seems to make bad contacts from vibration and there is also a curcuit breaker type connection (small button) on the harness (small square box). Either way I think that somewhwere around this point just release and reconnect some of these wires. Seems to have worked for us.Let us know of your progress.
HGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:00 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
We had it happen to us this weekend

Our toilet quit on us this past weekend. It was our first trip in our 2016 36 LA. We where told when we picked up MH to make sure to not put anything down that toilet except MH paper ( I guess the wife did not hear that part) because she flushed 3 baby wipes down it. I should say she tried to So when I got home Monday I took toilet out and took pump apart and removed wipes. I was lucky nothing was damaged I put it all back together and it works ok
cronauerdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:36 PM   #5

Thanks, I'll look at it this weekend. Light is green
Old 06-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #6

Reset 12v switch & checked plugs. Works now. Thanks Don

Tags
toilet