Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2022, 07:36 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2014 36LA Clearance Lights

Anyone know how to service the, up top, front clearance lights on this unit? No external screws to be seen. Maybe access from inside from behind and above the front TV?
Guess I could call Tiffin support. Why do they not have an online support page for questions?

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2022, 08:01 AM   #2

I would assume the lens can be pried/ popped off, which would give access to the light base which would be screwed on.
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:05 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The plastic chrome piece pops off. The 2 screws that hold the light fixture to the MH are on the base piece.

You may have to clean off some caulk first. I use a plastic putty knife & a utility knife. There is a 1/4" or so slot in the chrome piece (on top or bottom, depending on how light is installed) where you can use a straight slotted screwdriver to help pop the piece off the base.

You should have enough wire to just pull the wires outside enough to install the new one.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:34 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Great conversation in this thread, and what I believe is correct advise.

When I replaced a few of the clearance lights in my previous MH ('04 Fleetwood DP), I disconnected the wires. To make sure that the wires wouldn't fall down into the slot, I used a clothes pin attached the wires. I've used long twist-ties on wires before, on other projects. Fishing wires out of panels, or walls, can be a bit frustrating in tight spaces. On this '16 Tiffin, I have not had to fool with the clearance lights....yet, so I haven't looked to see if the wires have had a dab of silicone or some sealing, to keep moisture from flowing down the wire?
TomsMaHauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:44 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I've recently replaced 2 rear ones on our 2014 Allegro Bus 37AP, and just finished insulating the front area. (It had 3 layers of the foil radiant barrier. Put a good R-40 rock wool, and one layer of radiant barrier where the cabinets start. HUGE impact. )

They just use crimp connections. I used heat shrink crimp connections on the rear lights, since they are exposed. Front light connections are inside, but the heat shrink connections do provide a more secure connection.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #6

On our coach, replacing the clearance lights was not an easy task. I used a small portable scaffold to have stable footing while working on these lights. the dome pops off and there were 2 screws holding them down, some of those screws were rusted. The connecting wires were imbedded in caulk and difficult to get enough wiggle room to cut the old ones out and replace with new ones. After replacing each burned out lamp, I put a bead of clear silicon caulk around each lamp. the hardest part of the task was getting enough wire available to make the cut and then connection.

Good luck.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights