Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
2014 Bus. Adding lights to large awning

So many new coaches have led lights on the metal cap of the large side awning. I see how the motion sensor is wired out to it. Would like to add some to our coach but have no idea how to get wiring out to it.

Anyone out there tackle this one. Thanks jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey Jeff, you have a great coach, LOL. We wanted the same thing but ran into the same issue. Wanted to let you know what we did and glad we went this direction.

We wanted soft light, just enough to see around when we are out there. Ended up getting a 20 ft strip from amazon and put them under the front slide out right at the curve on the bottom. I drilled a small hole and ran the power to the plug to the outlet for the tv. The lighting is perfect and it was really easy to do.

If you decide to go this route let me know. I have a couple of tips I will pass along to make it easier.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Scott

Thanks for the reply. That would be great. So when you drilled the hole how did you get to the other end? I have the fireplace model so the outside tv is behind the fireplace.

I suppose you bought the leds with the remote control and different colors?

FYI, I also replaced the factory led strip lights that ran along the bottom of the coach between the front and rear tires. Really easy. Just removed the dead ones and new ones just stuck to frame. Cleaned it of course.

Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Here are the lights I purchased and so far, have worked flawlessly. When I installed mine, after I cleaned the area, I created a "T" out of a 1 x 2 that was long enough to put under the lights as I adhered them. I would strip the red backing tape, I added a thin line of super glue, put in place, then pushed the T into position. The T was in place long enough to get the super glue to adhere while I prepped the next 2-3 ft section.

Regarding the hole, I drilled from the bottom and came into the tv cabinet. If you look at the pic, I used a drill bit just large enough for the connector to go through. I attached the remote control sensor to the bottom edge of the slide and use the remote to turn off and on.

I will try to remember to get pics tonight to show how it looks at dark. As a side note, I have the exact same setup, tv behind fireplace. I also added a swivel mount to the tv to allow us to sit mid coach, outside, and still enjoy the tv.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AB27E073-9FC9-4839-A1C1-67BF16F57CC4.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	267948  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Heres a couple pics of my install. The second pic shows the receiver for the remote control from the outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	892599A7-1B2F-4765-89C7-8FC5DEA924BE_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	267949   Click image for larger version

Name:	E2917D8A-BF68-43FE-9F39-72FAC337EEAE_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	267950  

Tags