Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2021, 08:22 PM   #1

2014 Phaeton 40AH Fireplace

Want to install a fireplace under the TV in my AH. Does the panel behind the cabinet doors come out? I will obviously remove the doors. Fireplace is about 5-1/4 deep. The back wall at the TV above is about 7 deep. Has anyone done this install? Thanks
Coakleyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2021, 06:23 AM   #2

Answered my own question. Lower right panel directly across from the galley is actually Hinged and opens for full access to electrical behind TV wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	667DE644-A2E4-4C47-98C1-281BC9712AF9.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	316438  
Old 01-31-2021, 07:33 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Also, make sure you have a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the fireplace behind the location.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:52 PM   #4

Yep, there are 3 20 amp outlets back there. Thanks
Old 02-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coakleyt View Post
Want to install a fireplace under the TV in my AH. Does the panel behind the cabinet doors come out? I will obviously remove the doors. Fireplace is about 5-1/4 deep. The back wall at the TV above is about 7 deep. Has anyone done this install? Thanks
A 2018 34 PA floor plan is close to your 40 AH. We put a fireplace in under the tv, it fit in just like it was made for it. Plugged it in to available duplex receptacles right there.
Worked great, good project.
Mbe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:05 AM   #6

Fireplace size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbe111 View Post
A 2018 34 PA floor plan is close to your 40 AH. We put a fireplace in under the tv, it fit in just like it was made for it. Plugged it in to available duplex receptacles right there.
Worked great, good project.
Great info Mbe111! So Im having trouble figuring out what model/size fireplace to get. Been looking at Dimplex 36 and 40 since the opening is 36. Since you found one that is perfect fit, can you tell me Make, Model and Size you got? Thanks so much!!!
Old 02-05-2021, 10:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coakleyt View Post
Great info Mbe111! So Im having trouble figuring out what model/size fireplace to get. Been looking at Dimplex 36 and 40 since the opening is 36. Since you found one that is perfect fit, can you tell me Make, Model and Size you got? Thanks so much!!!
I answered this from my phone last week, didn't know it didn't get to you. I suppose I wasn't properly logged in??
Anyhow .... I was at Red Bay and they installed the fireplace there. We have sold that motorhome and it is not available for me to measure ect. I think you should call Red Bay and see what they have on the shelf. I was having some other work done and I was complaining about the heat in the motorhome. The fireplace looked like it had been on the shelf for a long time, they charged for the labor but donated the fireplace. If they don't have one they certainly should know what fits.
Good Luck
Mbe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:01 AM   #8

I did talk to them. They gave me what i thought was a OEM part number for Dimplex. Then called Dimplex to get data i needed and the # did not exist. So the clueless person on the phone from Tiffin obviously gave me a Tiffin part number ��. Thought you would have my answer, oh well, guess I’ll try agin with Tiffin. I’m not too far from Lazy Days may just go there and see what one on their lot has

Tags
ace, fire, fireplace, phaeton, replace