Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #1

2014 Phaeton accent lights

We just purchased a 2014 Phaeton 40AH.

When we were being walked through it by the previous owner, I remember that there were lights above the slideout on the inside.

Ok, I know this sounds stupid, but does anyone know where the switch is for these lights? It's not on the spider panel that is on the kitchen wall.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #2

Our '16 has buttons on the Spyder panel for the sink area that are labeled 'Hutch Lights' and 'Accent Lights' Yours may be different.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unless I’m mistaken, Tiffin did not make a 40 AH in the Phaeton in 2014 and there was no Spyder panels. At least they weren’t any in our 2014 Phaeton.
There were Spyder panels in 2015 Phaetons. According to Spyder control manual for 2015, the panel should be in the galley.
If you go to Spyder Controls and sign in with Tiffin, password Motorhomes, you can download your manuals etc.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:22 AM   #4

The unit is on a 2015 chassis, and has the blue/white multiplexed switches. The build sheet from Tiffin shows a 2014, so I'm calling it a 2014. I'm aware the switches weren't installed until 2015. Guess I got a hybrid.

I guess what i was calling a Spyder panel is actually a system from Firefly. But I still don't know where the dang switch is for the lighting. I do have a switch for the accent lighting behind the TV.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:46 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrhinino View Post
The unit is on a 2015 chassis, and has the blue/white multiplexed switches. The build sheet from Tiffin shows a 2014, so I'm calling it a 2014. I'm aware the switches weren't installed until 2015. Guess I got a hybrid.

I guess what i was calling a Spyder panel is actually a system from Firefly. But I still don't know where the dang switch is for the lighting. I do have a switch for the accent lighting behind the TV.
On my 2014 Phaeton the light switch for that same light is right above my couch by the light above the couch. I hope this helps
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 05:58 PM   #6

Perhaps a call to the person you purchased the coach from. Most previous owners are more than glad to help with questions
Old 12-31-2020, 06:08 PM   #7

Perhaps a call to the person you purchased the coach from. Most previous owners are more than glad to help with questions
Old 12-31-2020, 11:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrhinino View Post
We just purchased a 2014 Phaeton 40AH.

When we were being walked through it by the previous owner, I remember that there were lights above the slideout on the inside.

Ok, I know this sounds stupid, but does anyone know where the switch is for these lights? It's not on the spider panel that is on the kitchen wall.
Congratulations on your 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH purchase! Contrary to what others may have suggested, the 40AH floorpan was available at the end of the 2014 model year... I should know because I bought one in June of 2014 and still own it.
As this was a late 2014 model year offering, Tiffin did introduce a multiplex system to control most of the lighting. However, for some unknown reason, the "extra" lighting in the two front slides (over the dinette and the sofa) and the rear walk-in closet are controlled by separate conventional switches. You will find the switch for the dinette lighting on the sidewall between the left end of the kitchen counter and the window. The switch for the sofa lighting is on the sidewall roughly between the sofa and recliner and below the sconce. Additional "directional" lighting above the sofa is controlled by individual switches on the lights themselves, as are the two sconces and reading lights over the head of the bed. The walk-in closet light is controlled by a wall switch on the right as you enter the closet.
I hope you find this information helpful. As a suggestion, it has been my experience that while most posters on this website seem anxious to offer opinions, I tend to find more thoughtful answers on the TRVN site tiffinrvnetwork.com for specific product-related issues, as it is almost exclusively Tiffin owners who have a wealth of experience and have registered (at no cost) just for the privilege of viewing, in addition to posting.
Happy New Year!
Tiffin Owner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, phaeton