Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2021, 12:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I believe the 2015 Phaeton is the same as my 2017. If so his mounting brackets should look like the attached photo.

They're no fun to replace but the biggest thing he has going for him is you as a helper. I did one of mine by myself and having some help, even just to hold a flashlight, would have been a big plus.

First of all regarding the bracket. As you can hopefully see there is one side where the lip of the shade rail slips into. The other end of the bracket is spring loaded for the other side of the rail to clip into, or when pressed to release the shade.

At this point I'm assuming your friend's shades are completely dismounted and the new brackets have been installed. The following are my suggestions.

Open the window and remove the screen. This will possibly allow you to help from the outside while your friend works from the inside.

Unravel the day and night shades, but not all the way. I left approximately two or three wraps as I didn't want to take a chance of the shades pulling away from the roller. This will give the working room you'll need.

Then it's a matter of getting one edge of the shade rail into the fixed slots. Mine were mounted with two brackets, but I added a third for extra support. The difficult part, and where a helper comes in, is all mounting sections of the shade rail need to be in the fixed slot before the shade can be snap into the spring loaded side.

Hope the above is helpful.
the bracket shown in the picture is made by irvine blind and shade. i have contacted them and they sent me replacement brackets at no charge. they said they have redesigned the brackets to make the sliding plastic part stronger so it does not snap off.

but getting them installed is a real pain! i had to take the valence off in order to get the new brackets installed on the wall. with the valence off you can pretty easily snap the blinds into the new brackets. but double check that all of the brackets are actually engaging the top of the blinds. then put the valence back on.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #16

If I recall I took all the brackets off, attached all the brackets to the top of the shade, then installed them using a long Philips screw driver.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:13 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
The new brackets and shade is back in place. Insert into notched end of bracket and snap into spring loaded side of bracket. A little bit of a PITA but isn’t most things with these mh’s.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:51 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
If you call Irvine, they will send you new brackets free. I increased the number of brackets for added strength. It is impossible to snap the shades into the brackets with the valence up. That is why they fail. Take the valence down and snap the brackets onto the shade. Then screw the brackets onto the valence. It will take a helper to get the valence back up.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKKER View Post
If you call Irvine, they will send you new brackets free. I increased the number of brackets for added strength. It is impossible to snap the shades into the brackets with the valence up. That is why they fail. Take the valence down and snap the brackets onto the shade. Then screw the brackets onto the valence. It will take a helper to get the valence back up.
i also agree that it is next to impossible to snap the blinds into the brackets with the valences installed. but i can tell that the factory installed the valence first and then tried to snap the blind into the brackets. i wonder it they damaged the plastic tab on the brackets when trying to do this.

take the blind off, take the valence off, replace the brackets, put the blinds into the brackets and ensure they all grip the blind properly, and then put the valence back up. i have replace several brackets using this approach and none of them have broken after being replaced.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:37 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Well I got the new brackets installed and finally was able to get the blinds snapped back in!
I did take out the screen and opened the window to give me more room.
But what a PITA it was!
Thanks for your input
Golfnutmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
phaeton