Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2020, 10:00 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2015 Tiffin Allegro 32SA

I recently purchased a 2015 Allegro 32SA with very low mileage (7500). It has a safety steer installed in the Front and nothing else has been done to stabilize. Should I start by installing add stabilization on the front or the rear? It has not had the CHF done in either location. I have read pros and cons on this fix. Looking for recommendations on where to start and how far to go.
Thanks for any suggestions
Jim
Jimbo1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #2

I had the exact same motorhome. Other than some minor wandering, the handling and ride was fine. I did add a Safe-T-Steer which helped a lot. I would start by having your front end alignment checked by a reputable shot to ensure your toe-in is correct. Personally, I would not spend thousands of dollars chasing after the Buick like ride. Enjoy the reason why you have a motorhome-travel, camping, etc.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #3

We had a 2017 Winnebago Vista with the F53 chassis (assuming yours has this same chassis). The handling was very poor, especially with passing tractor trailer traffic or windy conditions. I talked to Ford about the handling issues and they said their bare chassis were delivered to various manufacturers "as is" and they had no control over the coach configurations or weights that were installed.

The three things I ended up doing that made a difference were getting a proper alignment, adding the correct air pressure to the tires, and then doing the CHF (i.e., moved the fasteners on the front sway bar to the stiffer position).
Old 10-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippetTaxi View Post
We had a 2017 Winnebago Vista with the F53 chassis (assuming yours has this same chassis). The handling was very poor, especially with passing tractor trailer traffic or windy conditions. I talked to Ford about the handling issues and they said their bare chassis were delivered to various manufacturers "as is" and they had no control over the coach configurations or weights that were installed.

The three things I ended up doing that made a difference were getting a proper alignment, adding the correct air pressure to the tires, and then doing the CHF (i.e., moved the fasteners on the front sway bar to the stiffer position).
We also had a 35’ Vista on a F53 chassis. It too handled terrible from the dealer. Tire pressure , alignment helped but I eventually did the CHF, rear sway bar and the Blue Ox adjustable steering stabilizer.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:55 PM   #5

I would suggest taking it on a few trips and see how it handles. You may not need anything else, or you may find that it handles horrible. But you do need to know what problems you have, if any.
We added a steering stabilizer and had an alignment done. Ours is a 2018 and it handled well after these two enhancements, except for the harsh ride. We changed the shocks to Koni FSD shocks, which helped some; but we have settled into being content with the harsh ride and we're happy (just hate rough roads). We did have it weighed and set the tire pressure to 80 lbs which softened the ride a little also. I never considered the CHF, but that's just me.
It seems like different rigs on the F53 chassis handle differently, so I suggest to just try yours and see what needs improving.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:18 AM   #6

I owned a Vista also. Wandered a lot and wind blew the rear around. Did the alignment, tire pressure adjustment, steering stabilizer, CHF front and rear, and a track bar in the rear. After those mods, the beast was much more comfortable to drive. The most significant improvement came form the rear track bar and CHF.

Lloyd and Jann
Winger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your ideas and experience on this type of coach. Our previous coach was a 42 foot diesel pusher so did not have and of the same issues. I am not that unhappy with the handling so will give it a couple of trips to see how it works.
Thanks
Jim
Jimbo1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #8

2015 Tiffin Allegro 32SA

Jim, we have a ‘16 32SA and have made no modifications at all. I find that it handles and drives great as is. My 2016 is on the 24k/30k chassis so that may make some difference. Get an alignment if you suspect that’s a problem. Also be sure you’re running the correct tire pressure. I run 93 psi in mine. I too came from a DP. Read about lots of so called white knuckle experiences but I’m completely satisfied with the 32 SA. Good luck!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, tiffin