Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #1

2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze Inverter

How to modify or replace the 2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR Inverter such that all plugs are powered?
The stock inverter powers only the 115VAC plugs powering the various TVs.
Inverter: Magnum Energy ME Series Modified Sine Wave (MSW).
RV has a Go Power and solar panels.
Thanks!
dmanpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Be Careful. You may end up with too much of a power load on your inverter. It can only support so many watts of power. The formula is PIE. Power(watts) equals(=) current(I) times Voltage(e). If all your 115v outlets are connected to the inverter it may not provide the necessary power/current when too many things are plugged in and turned on at the same time.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Be aware that it's a double edged sword.

Circuits that are connected to an inverter, can be limited as to the total current that can be used. My inverter has 4 circuits connected to it (each has 20 amp breakers).

However, my inverter is a 2000 watt inverter, and it is powered via a 30 amp breaker (while on shorepower). Therefore the TOTAL of all of the 4 circuits, is now limited to 30amp in total. The converter also draws power, so you really can't even use all of the 30 amps. You cannot draw 20 amps on each of those individual circuits.

If instead of being on shorepower you are boondocking and running off batteries and the inverter is working, then the 2000 watts is pertinent (17 amps), and those 4 circuits are now limited to a total of no more than 17 amps.

If you have a couple space heaters, each one draws just under 15 amps. If all of your outlets are connected thru the inverter, then when connected to shorepower and it's cold, you are pretty much limited to only a single heater.

I get around this limitation, by using the washer/dryer plug for a heater, which is a plug that is NOT on the inverter. I also have a string of sockets on DS behind coach, which are NOT on the inverter either, so I can plug a heater in there.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, inverter, tiffin