Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2021, 07:22 PM   #1

2017 Tiffin allegro walkthrough

Hi all
I may be closing the deal for the 2017 tiffin allegro 36UA
Even with 37000 miles it looks either very good quality or very well cared

All the seats leather looks like new without any rips .. However my concern increased after reading some recurrent issues with Flexsteel . Most from Newmar owners . Is it different material on the Tiffin ... Are 2017 owners having any issues . Should I pay extra attention to an specific area , any advise appreciated

Also anything on this specific vehicle (inside,engine,under,roof,plumb,jacks,etc) to recheck ,
anything to keep an eye while doing the road test

Thanks in advance
Intsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2021, 10:21 PM   #2

We have a 2018 Open Road 32SA, so it's probably similar to yours in a lot of aspects. We have 26,000 miles.
On a 2017 the tires may be getting close to their safe lifespan, if they are original.
Our Flexsteel front seats have not given us any issues so far.
The front grill may not be affixed very well. Ours was glued on at several places, so we improvised that to hold it on better. If you have big fat hands it will be difficult to open the latch for the front grill.
Ours has a tendency to get water in the air filter (search for that on this forum), but we made an easy improvement to fix that.
Some of the screws holding the windows in, especially the front driver and passenger would come loose, so we took the screws out and added locktite to fix that.
I can't think of any major faults or problem areas to look for, that you wouldn't look for on any motorhome. We have been fairly pleased with our 32SA, except for the rough ride, but you can't fix that on any F53 unless you spend $22K for LiquidSprings.
Hope it turns out to be a nice one and you enjoy it for years.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wog099 View Post
We have a 2018 Open Road 32SA, so it's probably similar to yours in a lot of aspects. We have 26,000 miles.
On a 2017 the tires may be getting close to their safe lifespan, if they are original.
Our Flexsteel front seats have not given us any issues so far.
The front grill may not be affixed very well. Ours was glued on at several places, so we improvised that to hold it on better. If you have big fat hands it will be difficult to open the latch for the front grill.
Ours has a tendency to get water in the air filter (search for that on this forum), but we made an easy improvement to fix that.
Some of the screws holding the windows in, especially the front driver and passenger would come loose, so we took the screws out and added locktite to fix that.
I can't think of any major faults or problem areas to look for, that you wouldn't look for on any motorhome. We have been fairly pleased with our 32SA, except for the rough ride, but you can't fix that on any F53 unless you spend $22K for LiquidSprings.
Hope it turns out to be a nice one and you enjoy it for years.
Thanks,
That's a great write up
Will look for the issues you mentioned.
One of the things that made me buy this unit with 37k miles and still looks brand new in and out
Supposedly the tires were replaced a year ago . I will double check on that
About the ride, coming from a 06 Class C 31 winnebago the new toe Class A is going to be a totally new experience.
Thanks
Intsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
As in previous post. Double check that front grill. It is a stupid design that it is literally glued on. My grill just about fell off on a trip on my 2019 Tiffin 32SA. My dealer did a great job and epoxied the whole thing back together.

Also maybe check how secure your mud flaps are attached. Had one of mine just fall off. I put 10K miles on the coach, it was really a good coach considering everything. It seemed four of my roller shades also had to be replaced. Test the tension and roll up of your shades.

Regards PAM
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, tiffin