Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #43

Instead of cards, how about another question. How is your "insta-hot" hot water heater doing? Mine? Not so good.
MPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
My kenwood sytem in our 2019 Open Road 32SA "bleeps" over the speakers while driving at highway speeds. Just started a week ago. Could it be a loose ground?
RDAVIS6507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:58 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAVIS6507 View Post
My kenwood sytem in our 2019 Open Road 32SA "bleeps" over the speakers while driving at highway speeds. Just started a week ago. Could it be a loose ground?
Do you have a dashcam hooked up to the Kenwood? On my Kenwood I can see either behind me or the dashcam view with a touch of the screen. Anyways, if you do have a dashcam hooked up to it and have driving assistance and lane assistance turned on it will make all sorts of noises over the radio speakers if it thinks you might drift out of your lane, coming up too quick on something, etc. I had to turn it off as it was too sensitive and super annoying almost all the time. That, and if you already have mobile eye or some other better lane assist you don't need it overreacting all the time in addition to those more robust solutions.

A loose USB cable to your phone can also do it. Also, the old very wide iPhone connectors (before the slim fire ones) do it as well.

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacwest View Post
Just curious on the 2018 systems can you feed the nav display to the forward TV? Makes it easy for my wife to follow along.
Even if you could the resolution would probably be horrible translated to a much larger screen.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
I know of at least two causes for "bleeps".

1. If you exceed the posted speed limit (which shows up in lower right hand corner of display) it will bleep every 30 seconds or so.

2. If there is something odd happening, such as a sharp turn ahead, heavy traffic, unverified (for RV) area, etc, it will bleep.

When it sounds off, a glance at the screen should show the reason.

As far as the forward TV goes, it should be plugged into an outlet that is not powered when the ignition is on, for obvious safety reasons. AND legal reasons...

Tags
tiffin