Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #1

2019/2020 Allegro Bus 40IP

i am considering an Allegro Bus 40IP as my next coach....i would order a new 2020.....

prior to my current coach, i was in a 2016 Phaeton 40QKH; it was a great coach....

my current DS has been great as well....just thinking we want to move down to a 40' as we don't really need the bunks anymore....will either be a 40' DS 4020 or the 40IP Bus....there are many features on the Bus that the DS doesn't have, hence why I'm looking at it hard...i do love having a tag axle though, for the ride and handling....

would love to hear feedback from those with the IP floorplan, since the lifestyle change in 2019....i am headed down to FL at some point near term to see and drive one...

thanks in advance....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
i am considering an Allegro Bus 40IP as my next coach....i would order a new 2020.....
prior to my current coach, i was in a 2016 Phaeton 40QKH; it was a great coach....
my current DS has been great as well....just thinking we want to move down to a 40' as we don't really need the bunks anymore....will either be a 40' DS 4020 or the 40IP Bus....there are many features on the Bus that the DS doesn't have, hence why I'm looking at it hard...i do love having a tag axle though, for the ride and handling....
would love to hear feedback from those with the IP floorplan, since the lifestyle change in 2019....i am headed down to FL at some point near term to see and drive one...
thanks in advance....
We have the 40IH, which is the Phaeton version of that floor plan. Tiffin made the IH for two years before they introduced the I floor plan to the Allegro Bus. We absolutely love it and think it's the perfect floor plan for us. I like the half bath as I get up earlier than the DW and it's nice to have a separate bathroom. The flat floor from front to rear is a great feature with no step up to trip over. The Power Glide chassis is a great improvement in handling and driving comfort over the FL chassis we had with our Allegro RED. We have had this coach for 2-1/2 years now with 28,000 miles on it and it has been a pleasure to live in and drive. With all of the upgrades Tiffin has made to the Phaeton for 2020, you might look at the 40IH also as the biggest difference in it and the Allegro Bus is the rear radiator on the Phaeton versus the side rad on the Bus.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:24 AM   #3

hmmmmm....crickets....

the 40IP owners must all be out enjoying their coaches !
Old 10-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #4

We have a 2019 IP Bus and love it!

Fully loaded with full fuel (1,200 mile range) 40 gallons of fresh water, 1000 lbs in cargo bays, all our food, clothes and us we are still 1,000 lbs under max weight . Who needs a tag axle?

The coach drives like a dream, I put Koni shocks on the front axle. The floor plan is very livable and the big awnings offer shade to a huge patio. What’s not to like?
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathtx View Post
We have a 2019 IP Bus and love it!

Fully loaded with full fuel (1,200 mile range) 40 gallons of fresh water, 1000 lbs in cargo bays, all our food, clothes and us we are still 1,000 lbs under max weight . Who needs a tag axle?

The coach drives like a dream, I put Koni shocks on the front axle. The floor plan is very livable and the big awnings offer shade to a huge patio. What’s not to like?
thanks for the reply, and I'm glad you love it !

if i may ask, can you share your axle weights with this configuration ? i do have to say i am a little concerned about front axle load with the fuel tank full. also, what PSI are your running your front tires ?

thanks
Old 10-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #6

Just weighed my 2019 40 IP At Flying J after adding full tank of fuel. Two weeks of food and gear plus1/4 tank of water and sewer. Approx 4000 pounds under GVW of 42000. I have 115 pounds of air in all tires but may drop pressure once I look at Manufacturing table. Still plan to have each wheel weighed to help keep distribution Even .
Vivarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivarose View Post
Just weighed my 2019 40 IP At Flying J after adding full tank of fuel. Two weeks of food and gear plus1/4 tank of water and sewer. Approx 4000 pounds under GVW of 42000. I have 115 pounds of air in all tires but may drop pressure once I look at Manufacturing table. Still plan to have each wheel weighed to help keep distribution Even .
What were your F and R axel weights?
Can you also post the axel weight ratings?
Thanks
Old 10-30-2019, 05:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
What were your F and R axel weights?
Can you also post the axel weight ratings?
Thanks
i too would love to know...

i know the ratings for the 40IP bus are 17K/F and 24K/R
41k GVWR
56K GCWR
Old 10-30-2019, 10:41 PM   #9

I was quoting from my memory instead of retrieving the receipt. Still think the numbers are quite good
Front. 15,100 GAWR. 17,000
Rear 22,500. GAWR. 24,000
Old 10-31-2019, 04:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivarose View Post
I was quoting from my memory instead of retrieving the receipt. Still think the numbers are quite good
Front. 15,100 GAWR. 17,000
Rear 22,500. GAWR. 24,000
those are great...thank you for posting...

i was thinking the front axle would have been a little north of 16k with the full fuel tank....

i regularly travel with a full water tank...that would certainly bring both numbers up for me....
Old 11-07-2019, 02:26 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We picked up our 2020 40IP this past July. Can't get enough time in the new coach. Wife loves the floorplan. I love the ride! The shower is probably the best creature comfort for me. No negatives that I can think of. Planning on a winter trip to the Keys.
frogpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:49 PM   #12
UAV

I, too, am looking at the 40IP Bus.

Very nice to hear good feedback from both IP and IH owners.

Seems like oftentimes we only hear the problems and not the good things.

At this price point, and in this day and age, I wonder if a used Foretravel would be a better choice but I always hope that quality control for coaches is going to improve and I like the more modern interiors and electronics...perhaps to a fault.

Would you all put the Tiffins in the same category as the Entegras and Newmars? I have read that initial QC seems to be the biggest issue with Tiffins but after the sale service is very good. Have I been mislead? Tell me so! I just don't want to have to travel to Red Bay over and over.

Bottom line: For the price point, the Bus really does hold its own. And my wife especially likes the fact it is 40' so it fits in our storage bay.

I also like the Seemless slides, a lot...along with the 315s all around as well as its ability to be used in cold weather.

That is my current summation!
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV View Post
I, too, am looking at the 40IP Bus.

Very nice to hear good feedback from both IP and IH owners.

Seems like oftentimes we only hear the problems and not the good things.

At this price point, and in this day and age, I wonder if a used Foretravel would be a better choice but I always hope that quality control for coaches is going to improve and I like the more modern interiors and electronics...perhaps to a fault.

Would you all put the Tiffins in the same category as the Entegras and Newmars? I have read that initial QC seems to be the biggest issue with Tiffins but after the sale service is very good. Have I been mislead? Tell me so! I just don't want to have to travel to Red Bay over and over.

Bottom line: For the price point, the Bus really does hold its own. And my wife especially likes the fact it is 40' so it fits in our storage bay.

I also like the Seemless slides, a lot...along with the 315s all around as well as its ability to be used in cold weather.

That is my current summation!
I looked at Foretravel many times but in the Bus price range couldn’t find anything my wife would consider. As so many smart RVer say “Just keep her happy“ or “Happy wife happy life”,
Entegra and Newmar (sold my 2013) both fit In above statement Regarding my wife. Quality control has been a issue at Tiffin with my 2019 Bus and I keep thinking I will lose faith each time I find something new to fit but I haven’t. The support has been great even working overtime to help me isolate a wiring issue the other day. Living in Az makes it hard to drive back to Red Bay so I have fixed most things everything myself with help from tech support. Looking back because I have the time it’s been a fun experience to learn about my Motorhome. My warranty is up in the coming month but I feel comfortable that I will still be able to call tech support if needed any more.
We travel about one week a month in the winter and escape the summers of Az. I feel extremely privileged to be in our Tiffin. Don’t forget, in your travels, to keep her clean because other travelers are always interested in a quick peek inside and we are proud to show her off.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
thanks for the reply, and I'm glad you love it !

if i may ask, can you share your axle weights with this configuration ? i do have to say i am a little concerned about front axle load with the fuel tank full. also, what PSI are your running your front tires ?

thanks
I found our weight ticket
Front weighs 15,840 - rated 17,000, tires are 115psi
Rear weighs 23,780 - rated 24,000, tires are 100psi

We are close to max on the rear, that was with full fuel, 50 gallons of water (410lbs), I can always reduce water on board to say 30 gallons and reduce 160 lbs
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, allegro bus