Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2022, 06:19 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2019-2021 Allegro Open Road 34PA questions.

Hello all. Looking at the Allegro models 34PA and 36UA. Have only owned one MH for the last 10 years now, a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer.

Love the Floorplan of the 34PA but would like actual owner feedback concerning the main living room TV position and bathroom layout.

For the TV located at the end of the large couch, how comfortable is this to watch from the closest seat? Is this TV able to swivel like the bedroom TV so you don't have to turn your head 90° to watch it from the couch?

As far as the bathroom, how comfortable is the toilet? Looks like it is jammed right next to the wall and even with the slight angle wouldn't be very comfortable for taller people. Has anyone been able to increase the angle to around 45° for a little more space? Not sure if the mounting bolts would even allow it.

Thank you for any feedback and hope everyone is having a great summer.

Joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2022, 07:13 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought our 34PA new, mostly because of the floor plan. 1st, re: the toilet, it's perfectly fine as is. No problem with room for use in any form. Really appreciate the 2-door access as well. Bathroom configuration was, and remains, a big selling point for the 34PA.
2nd, the LR set-up. We have the L-sofa, and we chose not to have the TV over the driver's area. So, wife uses the sofa leaning back against the corner of the L section to watch TV, and I prefer to watch TV from the passenger's front seat turned to view the TV. That works just fine for us.
We've thoroughly enjoyed our 34PA, have 48K+ miles on it, and are looking forward to more adventures in it. And, from what I've seen at shows, configuration and features added since our 1st year model, have made it even better.
Good luck with your search.

PS: Just one other comment, if you are buying new, or very young, and anticipate a longer ownership horizon, I'd seriously consider getting a LiquidSprings suspension system installed on your rig. That way you get diesel-like ride at gas- like pricing. JMHO
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:07 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Mike. Like what I've seen about the Liquid Springs reviews from some of the YouTubers. Leaning towards searching for a coach with that option or adding aftermarket.

Will be retiring within the next 3 years and we'd love to travel the country semi full-time. Apart from one trip to Nashville from Mass, we've only done weekends to two week trips up in New England and can't wait to see the rest of the country.

Leaning toward the 34PA with the patio awning attached to the slide right now. Newer models seem to have put it on the body above the slideout and not sure how much that reduces the available shade area. That feature is a plus on the 36UA that doesn't have the Patio slide.

Lots of beautiful units to choose from. Will be at least a year or two before we buy as long as I can keep the Adventurer running!
Old 08-03-2022, 08:14 AM   #4

One thing I would offer as a previous 36LA owner.....consider if you intend to have guests, or kids, use the fold out sofa as a bed. In our 36LA the bed, folded out, touched the frig and cut off the kitchen area. It blocked access to the frig and kitchen in the morning such that I had to climb over the bed. The 36UA may have a similar issue...not sure. But, the 34PA seems to alleviate that.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:29 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcgin View Post
Leaning toward the 34PA with the patio awning attached to the slide right now. Newer models seem to have put it on the body above the slideout and not sure how much that reduces the available shade area. That feature is a plus on the 36UA that doesn't have the Patio slide.
I viewed a YouTube video that shows the new style awning on the 34PA. Good thing about the new style is that it covers the entry door when deployed, while the patio style does not. Downside is that it doesn't extend very far beyond the slide. As much as I'd like the awning over the entry door, I agree with you that the extension length of the patio style makes it the more desirable config.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:19 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Bought our 34PA new, mostly because of the floor plan. 1st, re: the toilet, it's perfectly fine as is. No problem with room for use in any form. Really appreciate the 2-door access as well. Bathroom configuration was, and remains, a big selling point for the 34PA.
2nd, the LR set-up. We have the L-sofa, and we chose not to have the TV over the driver's area. So, wife uses the sofa leaning back against the corner of the L section to watch TV, and I prefer to watch TV from the passenger's front seat turned to view the TV. That works just fine for us.
We've thoroughly enjoyed our 34PA, have 48K+ miles on it, and are looking forward to more adventures in it. And, from what I've seen at shows, configuration and features added since our 1st year model, have made it even better.
Good luck with your search.

PS: Just one other comment, if you are buying new, or very young, and anticipate a longer ownership horizon, I'd seriously consider getting a LiquidSprings suspension system installed on your rig. That way you get diesel-like ride at gas- like pricing. JMHO
We also bought our 2021 34PA new. We use ours just like Mike8253 and I totally agree with what he said. The passenger seat is a recliner. We also place a small folding round table next to each seating spot as an end table, and you can use the coffee table, or some other, as a foot stool with the L end of the couch. We also like where the stacked washer/drier are in the bath - that works perfect for us.
kandcbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcgin View Post
Thanks Mike. Like what I've seen about the Liquid Springs reviews from some of the YouTubers. Leaning towards searching for a coach with that option or adding aftermarket.

Will be retiring within the next 3 years and we'd love to travel the country semi full-time. Apart from one trip to Nashville from Mass, we've only done weekends to two week trips up in New England and can't wait to see the rest of the country.

Lots of beautiful units to choose from. Will be at least a year or two before we buy as long as I can keep the Adventurer running!
On our 2021 34PA, the awning is located way high above the slides, on the body; that makes it almost useless, as the sun will shine in right under it, and same with rain; this is one feature we do not like on our coach. I think I saw somewhere that with the 2022 models they moved it back to the top of the slide.
Another feature we are not fond of is the molded seat in the shower that takes up too much floor space - I believe they changed that in 2022 also.
kandcbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #8

I too have a 2021 34PA. The main TV is not on a swivel mount, though some owners add one. There are three reasonable seating options for watching. Both the driver and passenger seats rotate and serve as decent recliners for watching. The passenger seat can be optioned with a footrest - highly recommended. For the driver side, purchase an ottoman or footstool off Amazon to turn it into a nice recliner - there must be 10 million choices. Third option for screen time is laying on the couch. I suppose if you need room for five people to be comfortable watching TV, it’s not your coach. But then I don’t of one that would meet that need.
Shadow5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 03:33 PM   #9

I have a 2019 34pa. Had to replace the toilet recently and the shop that did it, did us a “favor” and positioned it more at a 45 degree. Now, when the slides are retracted, I can’t sit on it. 🤷. So be happy with the placement. I have to say, having the toilet basically in the middle of the coach gives you absolutely no privacy. Others can hear everything!; unless the furnace or ac is on.

Also fyi, we have the L-shaped couch. Sitting in the corner of the L is very uncomfortable so I’d go without that given the option. As far as the tv over the dash, we often use that one along with the one over the fireplace. I watch one and the dw watches the other from the dinette.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:26 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for all of your inputs. Very helpful as always. Finally got a peek at some 2023 models on Lazy Day's website and it looks like the patio awning is moved back to the slide itself and not over the top of it. They are also removing the L-couch option in the living room.

Still one of the nicest Gas MHs I've seen so far and we look forward to getting out on the road in one of them soon. Take care all and enjoy the rest of your summer.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:44 PM   #11

34PA

We have a 2022 34PA. Since we work from the coach we went a bit nuts. The mid ships TV location is not our style but could not get the double computer desk with the lift TV which would be the right thing for the couch location. We also have the front TV. Good thing about Tiffin is all TVs are connected over Ethernet to HDMI so one source goes to all TVs so….we removed the couch and put in 2 Stressless Chairs with Ottoman and one of their tables. When we park and set up we pull them out and wife faces midship TV and I face front Tv. For us, combined with removing the booth dinette and installing an UpLift desk for work, it totally opened up that coach.

IMO if Tiffin were to offer the computer arrangement with lift TV and convert the current mid ships tv area to a wine cabinet and put a comfortable couch in that would be a win win. We do work from our coach so I do not have to fly all over the country anymore which dictated some of these changes.

The floor plan is the best on the market for couples in our opinion and since the 33AA pricing, current economy, and general expense of diesels these days this was perfect for us.

We also converted to 4 12v Battleborn and added a real king Tift and Needle mattress and are loving it!

Also would have preferred a folding table in bathroom that dropped down from interior wall and landed on bathroom counter and the 2023 removes the seat in the shower which is smart. The shower seat is so obtrusive that a guy my size really only has half a shower. Lastly the wife is stunned by the shower head mount and pole. There is no angle adjustment so it just sprays in your face. We are on our third shower head choice and think this one is a winner, but will not look for a replacement bracket mount that rotated the head in combination with the raise and lower it currently does.

Shared a lot, hope it helps. The folks at Tiffin service are doing great too. Our last coach was diesel Newmar and we loved those service folks too.
TheVardells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:35 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We found that watching the TV from the couch was uncomfortable. Also I used to watch from the passenger's seat, but we always drop the upper bed and use that area for storage of the cat's cage and assorted items that I like to keep easily accessible. We replaced the couch with two recliners from Amazon and we're very happy with this new set up. Our TV does not tilt like the bedrooms does. I believe that you could replace it with a different bracket. We never use the TV at the front mainly because the bed is down.

We don't have an issue with the toilet. I made a bracket and attached the tp roll inside the bathroom cabinet.

One thing I wish was different was that there was a generator start switch at the the control panel. Ours only has the start switch to the left of the driver's seat. When we have the bed down its inconvenient to get to the switch.
turbo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:54 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
I have this Floor Plan, and the coah position I interpretted as head at one end and feet the other. The flront seats then swiveling to be alternate watching locations. ALso, the TV at the front between seats can also be turned on to same chanel for the alternate seated person on coah. The TV does not swivel and is not on an arm like the TV in back bedroom. FYI bedroom closet door be careful opening. If the bedroom TV is out from swivel the closet door will bang into the TV if you need to open the door beyond 6 inches.

The toilet is roomier than it looks unless you have very broad schoulders. The open side to sink allows for the extra needed room.
magbrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:28 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks again for everyone's input. The more I see of the 2023 Model 34PA's the more I like them. They removed the seat in the shower and put the awning back on the slide-out. Looks like the L couch is no longer an option though.

Liquid spring rear from the factory would be nice but I think I would add the front afterwards so if an in stock model didn't have it we'd go with a front and rear install.

Take care

Tags
allegro