Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #1

2019 36LA Auto Generator Start?

I just bought a 2019 tiffin open road 36 LA can anyone tell me if I have auto start on the generator no manual and how do I set it up
capt1318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2021, 04:32 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I was a feature that came with the optional 2000w inverter. So if uou have that, you probably have ags, although it may not be programmed. Note your inverter model below and someone here will have the manual or be able to direct you to it.

The brochure - note options under Interior - available options:

https://recreationalvehicles.info/20...o-brochure.pdf
Old 10-24-2021, 05:20 PM   #3

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/resources/owners-manual

You can find your owners manual on the Tiffin site with the above link.
BRodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:53 PM   #4

As R.Word says if your coach has the Magnum 2k pure sine wave inverter it will have an AGS, and if not it won't.

If you have the upgrade you will have a Magnum control panel above the driver's seat. Also your microwave and all your outlets will work when you are not plugged in or running the generator.
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:21 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
If you don't have ags and want it, a gen start module and control panel can be purchased separately and added to the system. The control panel (ME-ARC50 Advanced Inverter Remote) looks like this:
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2021, 06:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
If you don't have ags and want it, a gen start module and control panel can be purchased separately and added to the system. The control panel (ME-ARC50 Advanced Inverter Remote) looks like this:

Adding an AGS after the fact is a big job since it needs to be wired to the generator, the air conditioner control wires, the house batteries etc. Not a job most owners would take on, and to have it installed would be quite expensive.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:06 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssl View Post
Adding an AGS after the fact is a big job since it needs to be wired to the generator, the air conditioner control wires, the house batteries etc. Not a job most owners would take on, and to have it installed would be quite expensive.
I’ve done enough of this kind of stuff that I didn’t even think about it from that perspective. I see it as a fairly straightforward upgrade, but someone looking into it without experience should familiarize themselves with the process or get estimates before investing in the parts.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Iíve done enough of this kind of stuff that I didnít even think about it from that perspective. I see it as a fairly straightforward upgrade, but someone looking into it without experience should familiarize themselves with the process or get estimates before investing in the parts.

I am not sure what you consider "this kind of stuff ". My coach came without an AGS and I added one a few years ago (an Onan EC30) and it was at least a 20 hour job plus lots of research and it was not what I would call "fairly straightforward ". Definitely not a job your typical RV owner would consider. Of course I'm not a typical RV owner and you probably aren't either.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:01 AM   #9

Lots of folks think the same way I do! You can find the manual(s) for you inverter & remote panel at:
https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/mo...erter-chargers
PLColman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:09 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
99.9 % your coach came with a 2000 watt sine inverter. Your magna control over the drivers seat can be programmed to auto start your generator.

Someone gave you the link to the Tiffin Network for the manual to do so.You can have your generator automatically start when your battery reaches a certain stage.

PAM
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pameridan04 View Post
99.9 % your coach came with a 2000 watt sine inverter. Your magna control over the drivers seat can be programmed to auto start your generator.

Someone gave you the link to the Tiffin Network for the manual to do so.You can have your generator automatically start when your battery reaches a certain stage.

PAM
will also need to add the module from Magnum
Old 11-12-2021, 02:10 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
My 2018 bus has the Spyder ags control that is not reliable and does not perform the way the ME-ARC50 did on 3 of my pervious Class A units. There is no way to program the way the Spyder system works.
I installed this unit Wednesday in less than an 1 hour.
Onan EC-AGS+ Diesel Application Kit - A065U740
It is controlled by bluetooth from your phone.
Here is link to Cummins description of unit.
tinyurl.com/dhaam9bn
OhioWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pameridan04 View Post
99.9 % your coach came with a 2000 watt sine inverter.

PAM
The inverter upgrade is an expensive upgrade (worth it but expensive). My impression is about 50% of the open road gas coaches are ordered with this upgrade.

Tags
generator