Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2018, 05:51 AM   #15

trying to get joe's picture uploaded!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
i asked the same question before we went.
the answer most people sent was 5 to 8 per station.
if 18 stations then 18 x 6.5 = a bunch!
part of the answer is that there will be 5 working on your coach and
a new guy will show up do some work and leave... a couple of examples.
a lady showed up and did electrical work at several stations.
a guy showed up and frame electrical at several stations!.

our breeze line only had 9 stations and then there was the welding shop.

read over the build sheet. try to get an idea of how many stations it will be each day. that will help.

our coach did not go to as many stations as most folks (8 vs. 18 ) and so we decided to do the treats on a daily basis... resulting in some folks getting a pastry type treat for 2 or 3 days... they didn't mind! if you bring something from home that has a long shelf life (not short like sausage biscuits or apple fritters!) then i'd suggest 125 to 140.

what if someone "just walks through" and you were passing out doughnuts or cheese would you like to hand them one also. in our case 2 examples were
lex tiffin and shannon (mgr of another line) another example would be the engineer on a golf cart who drove by us then turned around and came back to see if he could help... we had lost our coach... he took the time to find it.
it seemed appropriate to hand him a pastry!

another group is the sales office and the visitor center tour guides and guards. we just left a bag of treats with the front receptionist at the sales office.
below is a picture of "joe" real experienced. always grinning. something wasn't quite right about a cabinet. he showed it to me, grinned, "i'll fix it." he said. it felt good to give joe a little thank you!
Thanks Rockriver! We'll now be prepared. Our schedule shows only 6 stations on line 4 spread over 5 days and sandwiched between coming out of welding and going to rain booth. Stations are denoted by "MPA01 main plant station 1 Line 4" through "MPA06 main plant station 6 Line 4". Does that sound right to you? I had been guessing that they hadn't yet completed the build schedule with a more detailed version showing more stations. We won't worry about it until we get there as I'm sure a chassis will enter one end of the factory and a completed MH will exit the other
dilyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:29 AM   #17

dilyse,
congratulations!! and i especially like that last sentence...
i met a line supervisor/manager named shannon. my memory isn't perfect but i think he was on line 4... and i really liked him. he had some hands on experience for my coach ... i think all the line supervisors have got to be great guys or they wouldn't have that job/responsibility...

but, if you get there and find shannon. tell him a georgia guy said "hi" and has given him a great endorsement!
enjoy the experience.
rr
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:17 AM   #18

This little treat is a great idea
Rv4Travel is offline   Reply With Quote