Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #1

2020 Allegro Red 37 PA Hydraulic levelers

Have a new allegro red that I just pulled out getting it ready for a trip and the hydraulic levelers aren't working, just repeatedly ticking. Wont work manually either. There is just one solenoid that seems to be ticking. New MH with only 4500 miles. Wouldn't think I would have these issues already. Anyone come across this issue before? Any easy fix?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2021, 08:47 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Battery charge? Engine running? Fluid level?

What brand and model of levelers?
Old 02-09-2021, 11:39 PM   #3

Yes, Yes and yes. I plugged it in a few days ago to get the refrigerator going but the batteries were good even before I plugged it in. Funny thing is, I had the slide out extended to load her up at the side of the house and then retracted it before I pulled her out to the street. Once out in the street, it just quit working. Both the hydraulic slides and the levelers. Just makes a rapid clicking noise repeatedly. I'm gonna call Tiffin in the morning but I think this trip is done for.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:40 PM   #4

It's a 2020 Allegro Red with the most current HWH system.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:56 AM   #5

2020 Allegro Red 37 PA Hydraulic levelers

Try turning the ignition on and off three times without starting. This is what Tiffin told me to do under similar circumstances and it worked. Then on the fourth time try the jacks.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That trick to turn on & off the ignition a couple times works when our front slides decide, on their own, to not work.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
That trick to turn on & off the ignition a couple times works when our front slides decide, on their own, to not work.
Have had the same thing happen to me on the slides and HWH levelers.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:08 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
There are two relay/solenoids on the HWH pump. The one on the left is the main power solenoid that is supposed to be active when the coach is in "slides ready" condition, key on and brake set. The other solenoid is the motor solenoid which is the one that could be clicking, which it will do but if there's no power being passed by the main solenoid nothing will happen. You can verify the main solenoid condition by checking voltage to ground on both of the big terminals. If they both show full power then it's working correctly. If not, check the smaller terminal to see if it's getting power to activate the solenoid. There are also about 4 inline fuses around the pump that you need to check to make sure one is not blown. There is a main 40 amp fuse that is sometimes the culprit.

This may or may not help, but here's a troubleshooting document I put together on the HWH system. With yours being fairly new, the main solenoid contacts shouldn't be burned or corroded but it's always possible.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH-Hydraulics.pdf (465.1 KB, 41 views)
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, hydraulic, levelers