Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2020, 06:40 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
2020 & 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 38KA slide types?

The slide-outs are hydraulic or electric? If electric hopefully not Schwintech by Lippert. If electric and not schwintech how easy is it to change a motor? Is there any type of manual system to extend or retract the slide outs if failure?

I have been told it is thought the small bedroom slide outs are Schwintech and the larger front slide outs are rack and pinion or a combination of rack and pinion and electric or a combination of rack and pinion and hydraulic.

Anyone know for sure and has photos?

Thanks.
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2020, 09:21 PM   #2

On our Open Road, the main slide is hydraulic and the bedroom slide is electric, and I do think it is a Schwintek.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:15 PM   #3

Is there a problem with Schwintech slide motors that might explain my 2015 Tiffin 36QSA bedroom slide moving one side about 3" before the other side begins to move, then catching up at full extension/retraction? Anyone know how to correct the sides not moving in sync?
Rock Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Reed View Post
Is there a problem with Schwintech slide motors that might explain my 2015 Tiffin 36QSA bedroom slide moving one side about 3" before the other side begins to move, then catching up at full extension/retraction? Anyone know how to correct the sides not moving in sync?
I was told to resynch that issue you run the slide in and out three times making sure you hold down the button for 2-3 seconds after close and open. This is a re-synch reset when this type of issue occurs. IF the bottom or top is not equal thats a completely different set of problems.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
btw I sure hope it's a small slide too.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
The Schwintek mechanism is only used on the smaller bedroom slides, not the larger living room ones. With two Tiffins in five years and 45,000 miles I have had no issues with the slide mechanisms, just a small issue with kinked wiring under the bed. The major key is to make sure you hold the buttons until all sound stops from the slides giving them time to re-sync every time going in or out and lubricate them regularly.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:00 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From a Schwintek manual

To resynchronize the slide motors
1. Fully extend the slide room using the switch. Keep the switch engaged until the motors shut down on their own.
2. Retract the room 1-2 inches.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2. In many cases, two or three repetitions are necessary to re-sync the system.
NoTE: When the motors are in sync, they will shut down at the same time.
4. Fully extend and then retract the room. Again, always let the motors shut down on their own before
releasing the switch.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
The Schwintek mechanism is only used on the smaller bedroom slides, not the larger living room ones. With two Tiffins in five years and 45,000 miles I have had no issues with the slide mechanisms, just a small issue with kinked wiring under the bed. The major key is to make sure you hold the buttons until all sound stops from the slides giving them time to re-sync every time going in or out and lubricate them regularly.
Dan where do you lubricate the Schwintek slide mechanism and what type of lube ?
I was under the impression to lubricate the Schwentek system is contraindicated.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:25 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Reed View Post
When I had my sync issue, I called Tiffin and they provided me the updated sync procedure that I detailed in this thread: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/slide-not-synced-478492.html. It worked perfectly for me, and there was also feedback from another poster that it also worked for him. Try it.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:42 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Dan where do you lubricate the Schwintek slide mechanism and what type of lube ?
I was under the impression to lubricate the Schwentek system is contraindicated.
Here you go
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
Thanks, sure looks like it will be very tight accessing from the inside. Now to get some CRC w/ptfe
Old 06-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Wait on purchase now :( No customer service - All too busy

I have put my order on hold. I'm still selling my RV this month so I won't have one for a while which makes me sad. I cannot find the level of customer service out there right now. None exist in sales and really non-existent in the financing area. Nobody wants to call you back, email you back, answer your questions... etc.. If you want to apply, just apply, we don't have time to answer questions right now. I thought this was going to be a lot easier since we know what we want but it's become too complex begging people to get back with you so I'm out for now. I'm in law enforcement and I had so much stress right now and when I get, "I'm just so busy right now" to a 30 second email response request... Peace.. I'm out. You want my to give you 200K and work to give it to you. I don't think so. For those who comment about money, well I can tell you the financing issue it not a problem but I'm not going to hear at the end when things are not what I wanted, "Well, you didn't tell us you wanted it like that." I had a good offer, and I wanted to take it and wait the 4 months for the build, Essex is horrible at returning calls or emails and unless you just want a "track built" coach most sales don't have the time, "We are swamped" they say. Sorry it took a week to answer your email and most don't even email you back at all. I sent a second and third email to Essex and asked if they got my first. My answer was cut and paste from the website and never answered my original question.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #13

If you want me to spend $300,000 with you for my new RV Coach you will respect me and answer my questions in a timely manner. Or I will take my Money and go somewhere else to spend it , problem solved. I will not beg you to buy your product.
Florida Rang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:09 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Rang View Post
If you want me to spend $300,000 with you for my new RV Coach you will respect me and answer my questions in a timely manner. Or I will take my Money and go somewhere else to spend it , problem solved. I will not beg you to buy your product.
Amen!

Tags
allegro, slide, tiffin