Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Had our 25RW for 30 days, goes in for 1st Warranty...

...this Friday the 31st at Mike Thompson RV Tiffin Service Center in Colton CA.

Overall, I would have to say I am relieved and impressed with our 25RW. It has performed as expected, we had zero punch items when we left the lot on December 30, and my list of "fixes" for Friday is short and several I should have identified in our walkthrough but failed to do so.

The difference in build quality between the Tiffin and the identical Thor floorplan MBZ we rented last year is night and day! The Thor was a brand new 2020 and had so many problems (e.g. no consistent hot water) and the fit and finish were so poor relative to the Tiffin.

Specifically, for Friday, here is my punch list for the tech to take care of, as you see, nothing really major....
  • Adjust screen door latch so door stays closed latched
  • Adjust dinette window opening interfering with emergency window
  • Repair bathroom trim next to shower above toilet paper holder on ceiling
  • Adjust grey tank water level sensors (reads high)
  • Adjust fresh tank water level sensors (reads high) (shows 1/3 even if empty)
  • Adjust refrigerator door latch (door flies open) (add washer to hinge)
  • Double-check sealant around shower pan and ensure no water leakage

If you have not seen my posts elsewhere, our rig was really a special BTO from Tiffin and includes LiIon house batteries, extra solar panel, bedroom curtain, countertop extension, BigFoot, 2000W inverter, 15K AC, slide topper, combined 2 of the interior packages and more. They got it all right in the build the first time.

Let me know if you have questions.

Stan
stankiyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #44

Stan,
Your list sounds like you got a pretty good build.
We factory ordered our 2020 RW and picked it up at the end of May 2019. Have a little over 10K miles mainly from two long trips.

I did mention in an older post that our frig door needed to be raised up so it would catch. Sad to hear that they still have that problem and that is not being caught and fixed before it goes to the dealer. Gald we found that problem before we left the dealer and they put a nylon washer under the lower hinge that raised the door enough so it would catch properly.

Fixing screen door latch is an easy fix. We more recently found our main door jaming(scraping) at the bottom of the frame edge, make a cut into the frame and binding. Found out from Tiffin that the screws in the hinges strip out and the door loosens up. Door is from a subcontractor. Tiffin fix is to put in longer screws so it grips into some metal further into door panel. They sent me the screws, but what they sent are flat head screws and the originals are round head, so they don't look proper, but I put one screw into the bottom hinge and sure enough it pulled the door back to the hinge side, so the lower door portion does not scrape. I plan to return to Tiffin for service and decided not to install all the other flat head screws till I see if they are in fact using those versus round head. Just thought posting this as it seems to be a common problem according to Tiffin.
Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:30 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stankiyota View Post
If you have not seen my posts elsewhere, our rig was really a special BTO from Tiffin and includes LiIon house batteries, extra solar panel, bedroom curtain, countertop extension, BigFoot, 2000W inverter, 15K AC, slide topper, combined 2 of the interior packages and more. They got it all right in the build the first time.
Stan, I like the custom options you got. Do you have pictures of the bedroom curtain and countertop extension? I wonder why they don't list these things.
shassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:42 AM   #46

2020 Tiffin wayfarer rw

Quote:
Originally Posted by shassel View Post
Stan, I like the custom options you got. Do you have pictures of the bedroom curtain and countertop extension? I wonder why they don't list these things.
Yes I would like to see pictures also. I did not know that the curtain was an option and that the topper was an option. Would love to know how critical the topper is to have. I had one on my previous Rv.
Your fixes were much less than mine. Major things like transfer switch, jensen radio, the slide motor and the fridge all had to be replaced. I had to go back 3 times before I got a new fridge. They kept saying it was the control board. Is this a problem with the dealership or manufacturer? I took possession on 9-30-19. Three and a half months later, I finally have an RV that I can use.
I am glad that these things finally work. But why am I the only one having issues with a 2020 Tiffin?
mdudge2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:01 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Some Pix of my options

Shassel et al., here are some pix of the options including curtain and slide topper. I don't have one of the countertop extension but can take a pic this weekend and post.

The full list of features and options we ordered include...

...aluminum wheels
...Big Foot
...15K AC/heat pump
...Sparrow interior flooring and countertop only
...Oasis interior except floor
...Linen cabinetry
...Fossil leather
...Reston Ivory wallboard
...2000W inverter
...Exterior TV
...Bedroom TV
...Countertop Extension
...Booth Dinette
...2019 Overhead Bunk which includes window and power shade that was discontinued for 2020 model year
...Solar system with 2 panels (340W total)
...Slide topper
...Curtain separating bed area from living area
...2 Dragonfly LiIon batteries to replace house AGM batteries

Our price from MTRV was $121K for above (MSRP was $159,450)

Pics as below...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2000.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	273653   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2010.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	273654  

Name:	DSCN2011.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	273655   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2031.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	273656  

Name:	IMG_4659.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	273657  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:51 AM   #48

Interesting. Looks like the curtain is hidden away when not in use?

Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:15 AM   #49

Some RW Questions

How large are the external storage bays on the 25RW? Are they big enough for say two zero gravity chairs?

Is there a guard rail for the overhead bunk? If I put my grandkids up there, are they going to fall out? Or for that matter, if I just use it for storage and put boxes up there, will anything hold them in or do I have to rig something up?
Old 01-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Your zero gravity chairs are going to have to ride in your tow or on the bed. Storage compartments on Sprinter based motorhomes are small.

There is no rail on the top bunk. You would need to either make something or purchase and adapt something.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:50 PM   #51

Tiffin Owners Club
More pix inc. Slide Topper closed; countertop...

...extension, and LiIon battery info...S
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4714.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	273846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4715.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	273847  

Name:	IMG_4716.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	273848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4711.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	273849  

Name:	IMG_4712.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	273850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4713.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	273851  

Old 01-31-2020, 06:21 PM   #52

Thanks, that looks great!
Old 03-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMaxPayne View Post
I was referring to a full-time RVer who has a channel on YouTube. Her account is called Creativity RV. She had posted some videos about her Unity, quality and warranty experiences, and her recent trade-in for a Tiffin Wayfarer. Get what's best for you.

Best,
-Mark
Speaking of Creativity RV, you should watch Robin's latest videos. Apparently, she had to immediately sell her Wayfarer before the end of the model year in order to not lose $5000. The sale was due to "structural problems" which she would not elaborate about.

She now had a 5th wheel and a diesel truck.

I just hope she sold it back to Tiffin instead of some unsuspecting person...

Paul Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:47 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Foster View Post
Speaking of Creativity RV, you should watch Robin's latest videos. Apparently, she had to immediately sell her Wayfarer before the end of the model year in order to not lose $5000. The sale was due to "structural problems" which she would not elaborate about.

She now had a 5th wheel and a diesel truck.

I just hope she sold it back to Tiffin instead of some unsuspecting person...

Yah I was curious about that. Last year she was caught in Colorado's bomb cyclone. In one video she describes how she hunkered in a cinder block bathroom over night to later exit to find other rigs on their sides and her Wayfarer had moved a few feet from where she had abandoned it (implying the wind had pushed it there). I was wondering why she didn't aim the nose into the wind. She then mentioned having the door of her friend's car ripped out of her hand and the door folding back and promising she'd get it fixed. Then in a later video she casually mentioned her rig's door, how it had been torn off in the storm while she was using it, how it was temporarily fixed, and that she was going to Tiffin to get it fixed correctly. I remember thinking at the time how unlucky she was with cyclone bomb winds and doors. I just assumed this is the "structural issue" she was tap dancing around.

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:01 AM   #55

2020 RW bedroom curtain part numbers

Here are the bedroom curtain part numbers and prices.

5079022 - Curtain - $112.14
5074225 - Hooks - $1.25
5088399 - I-beam track - $13.35
5088401 - I-beam carrier (8) - $.91
5020507 - Piano hinge - $14.15 (This hinge is used on the panel that you take loose for the curtain to go into when the curtain is not in use. Also when you take the panel loose, the inside will not be finished (painted, etc).

Also the end cap on the divider is pinned, I tried pulling it out/off and it seemed to come away fairly easily.
dennish2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMaxPayne View Post
Yah I was curious about that. Last year she was caught in Colorado's bomb cyclone. In one video she describes how she hunkered in a cinder block bathroom over night to later exit to find other rigs on their sides and her Wayfarer had moved a few feet from where she had abandoned it (implying the wind had pushed it there). I was wondering why she didn't aim the nose into the wind. She then mentioned having the door of her friend's car ripped out of her hand and the door folding back and promising she'd get it fixed. Then in a later video she casually mentioned her rig's door, how it had been torn off in the storm while she was using it, how it was temporarily fixed, and that she was going to Tiffin to get it fixed correctly. I remember thinking at the time how unlucky she was with cyclone bomb winds and doors. I just assumed this is the "structural issue" she was tap dancing around.

Best,
-Mark
That seems to confuse things more than bring them into focus. I seriously doubt this is all about damage to a door. She stated in a previous video that the damage she was worried about was so severe that Tiffin wanted the coach to be returned for a lengthy period to be properly repaired. Damage to a door would also not be considered to be structural unless it caused massive damage to the side of the RV, which I would think she would have mentioned at the same time she mentioned the door.

I also doubt that Tiffin would even be interested in repairing bomb cyclone damage under warranty since that would be considered to be an act of God.

I really get the impression that Tiffin has decided to buy back the RV from her. At least I hope that is the case. I seriously doubt Robin would sell it to some unsuspecting person.

It is also a shame that we cannot be specifically told what the issues really are. While people need to be careful what they say about vendors on Youtube, there is also a definite need to know by the RV community if there are serious structural issues.
Paul Foster is offline   Reply With Quote