Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2020, 09:32 AM   #85

I looked behind the back of the theater seats and found them also.
dennish2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #86

Yeah at first I thought we didn't have the seat belts until I did a deep dive behind the theater seats and found them.
nnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #87

Tiffin Wayfarer RW 2020

Has anyone had trouble with the flimsy shower door? Mine came off twice...La Mesa Rv will try to tighten... Tiffin won’t replace under warranty...

Thinking about replacing with vinyl shower curtain...
mdudge2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdudge2019 View Post
Has anyone had trouble with the flimsy shower door? Mine came off twice...La Mesa Rv will try to tighten... Tiffin won’t replace under warranty...

Vinyl shower curtain is definitely the way to go. Doesn’t rattle, doesn’t break and if it gets dirty, throw it away or throw it in the washing machine. Get a clear one and your shower will feel much less closed in. Also lets you see Anthony Perkins coming after you with his big knife.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #89

The front of the top rail of the curtain kept coming loose/off so I used clear silicone caulk to hold it in place and that solved the problem.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:47 AM   #90

2020 Tiffin wayfarer rw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennish2024 View Post
The front of the top rail of the curtain kept coming loose/off so I used clear silicone caulk to hold it in place and that solved the problem.
Thank you. La Mesa Rv said the the frame piece going across the top is not long enough. Tiffin will replace. But in the mean time, the curtain works just fine.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdudge2019 View Post

I think the self-swiping shower door is one of the nicest features of the Wayfarer! You just need to ensure the cross bar is positively attached at both ends. Use a little silicon adhesive if you need to. I detest shower curtains!
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:48 AM   #92

I was surprised to see the top rail is for whatever reason attached with a single rivet which with use gets elongated hence always coming off. The top rail just doesn't have a hole drilled for the rivet it is slotted.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:19 AM   #93

2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW

Totally agree. Shower door not attached very well. Doesn’t take much to become loose.
I have another question. I purchased an extra mattress pad to make the bed more comfortable. The problem I had was trying to leave it on the bed while rolling it up for the day. It seemed too thick to roll up the Murphy bed for the day.

Love to hear from anyone about this issue. I don’t mind taking the mattress pad off and storing in the loft above drivers compartment. But it would be nice to roll up without doing that.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #94

Be careful with having too much on the bed when you roll it up. The mechanism that locks the bed in place is kind of flimsy especially the the tab that holds the pin. By pushing too hard to lock the bed in you can bend the tab.

At 8pm one night I was getting ready for bed and I couldn't get the lock to release and of course I didn't have the right tools needed. So at 8:30 we decided to drive home which luckily was only 150 miles.

The next day with better light I took pictures from all angles, top side and underneath which showed the pin tab bent so the pin didn't fit into the "U" bracket which was causing the the pin not to release. I was able to bend the tab so the U bracket accepted the pin but I couldn't find the sweet spot to where it would lock in. By pulling up on the cable end it would lock in. I wasn't comfortable trusting it so I took it to my local RV repair shop.