RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2020, 05:12 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2021 Allegro Bus 45OPP on order

We have just ordered a 2021 45OPP. We are hearing 12-14 weeks for delivery.
I would like to create this thread to hear from others that have a 45OPP on order and hear of their experiences. Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #2

Jeff, I ordered a 37' Bus and was told 12 weeks, it has pushed 1 week. I am picking up in Montgomery Al in a couple of weeks. I am happy they can keep that close to schedule in difficult times. Also had the July 4th week shut down in that schedule.
Tucsonmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #3

Congrats on the new rig. Make sure you monitor your delivery date regularly. On our '19 40 IH were were told 16 weeks. It hit final delivery in 10 weeks. Put some pressure on us to move old rig. If you have opportunity, see your rig during final inspection. It is such a rush.
B52Rnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #4

I did visit the factory 8 years ago when I bought a Phaeton and really wish I could have this time. Too much China Virus Crapola going on to easily do that now. I listed the Phaeton for sale and was overrun with buyers. Sold it fast at 125K. They have stayed right on schedule with just 1 week added.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:58 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
B52Rnav

You mentioned monitoring the progress of the build and complete date. How did you do that? Thru the dealer you bought if from or Tiffin direct? Thanks, jeff
Old 07-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #6

I talked to our sales person about every 10 days for an update.
B52Rnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
B52Rnav

You mentioned monitoring the progress of the build and complete date. How did you do that? Thru the dealer you bought if from or Tiffin direct? Thanks, jeff
Get the build sheet from Tiffin when it gets scheduled for production. It has hour by hour schedule of your coach and itís pretty accurate. Sometimes they pick up some time at final prep and the time the driver picks it up folr delivery to your dealer.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:20 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the advise. Jeff.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:23 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
“ Get the build sheet from Tiffin when it gets scheduled for production. It has hour by hour schedule of your coach and it’s pretty accurate“

How does one do that?
How do you monitor it?
Old 07-08-2020, 03:31 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
To get your production schelule sheet, email Effie Johnson. It takes about two to three weeks after the dealer submits the order before the build schedule is available.

effie.johnson@tiffinmotorhomes.com
lakefront5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #11

My build sheet was not too accurate with supply issues etc in the current world environment. Spoke with the factory yesterday and they really could not give a delivery date until it is back from paint. That is when it is nearly complete. Kinda hard to plan a flight and travel plans in advance. I am sure they are dealing with all the same problems I am building homes at this point in time. I am grateful that they are doing their best !
Old 07-10-2020, 06:54 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jeff, good morning,

We are 2 weeks since we took delivery of our 45OPP ordered in Jan. took longer than planned due to Covid 19 but we were not in a hurry. We did a walk thru at the factory before delivery to dealer and happy we did, coach was one of the first ones off line after they were closed for a month or so, we were able to RED tape all issues we had and this was an eye opener, wanted to do a second walk thru but was told no and Bob Tiffin stated all issues would be resolved. Coach arrived at dealer about 3 weeks later. We told dealer we would not finish paper work until we did another walk thru to confirm all issues were taken care of. Was very happy with this walk thru 95% of issues were completed but there were some that were not, this was not a deal breaker but dealer agreed to have balance completed before delivery. dealer work with Tiffin on this and Tiffin even sent a crew to dealer to take care of these issues.
So, we had a great delivery thanks to McCarley, Stephanie ,stephanie.mccarley@tiffinmotorhomes.com who was our contact for when our coach was being built and Wayne Williams wayne.williams@tiffinmotorhomes.com for scheduling our walk thru at Tiffin and the most of all Tiffany Weeden TWeeden@Lazydays.com our delivery advisor at Lazy Days for making our delivery very enjoyable and pleasant.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I will also tell you there were a few hings I wanted on my 2020 45OPP that I was told no but are now options on the 2021.

SS Rocker covers
360 Camera

Both I am working on getting added when I go in for service.

I am also going to add a Spyder panel outside inside the door behind refig plus installing a lock on this door and put one at the helm mounted at left to the wheel. Asked the factory to add them but was also told no on this also.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:16 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Mark

Curious about the spider at the helm.

What will you use it for?

Who are you working with to figure our the details, buy the parts, get it programmed, etc.

Tags
allegro, allegro bus