Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #29

We have a 36LA gasser. Very similar floorplan. I like the 38LL floorplan, but will wait to see if Tiffin offers this in one of the higher end coaches. It seems like too many corners were cut on this one for my liking.

We use the drop down bunk and it seems like it would be problematic to use it in the 38LL as it would make using the coach door almost impossible.
Donskiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2021, 01:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
We have a 36LA gasser. Very similar floorplan. I like the 38LL floorplan, but will wait to see if Tiffin offers this in one of the higher end coaches. It seems like too many corners were cut on this one for my liking.

We use the drop down bunk and it seems like it would be problematic to use it in the 38LL as it would make using the coach door almost impossible.
corners cut? Not sure I understand that. I've got a 38LL and is a enormous step up from my gaser of 17 years of ownership. Ride comfort roominess and the systems are all working well for us. At first I didn't like having only air bag leveling, but now it's been so much easier to operate then the landing gear systems.
We had 4 adults and 3 grandchildren with us as we boondocked at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta last weekend. I was surprised how roomy it was with 7 people. the floorplan was a real advantage. They also used the drop down bed in the front. It does make me bend down if I was to get out the door, but we are usually in for the night at that point anyway. The bed folds up in about 10 seconds as well, so it's no big deal for us.
Water, black, and grey tanks were plenty for our 3 night boondock trip. I did install a hot water loop that saves fresh water while boondocking.
Guess it's just comes down to what you want in a RV.
Treetopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin-lee View Post
Hi we have the same rig. Love it but some issues, still in the shop. We were supposed to be in California on our first cross country trip. My hubby and I we have not ventured to far West due to I broke my bake in 3 places and litterally couldn’t walk for years. I can’t climb a mountain but I hobble around. We had a gas Georgetown prior and never a problem. We had crazy issues at dealer like microwave didn’t work and my seat belt didn’t clip. Also with the rods and other issues from my back I need a footrest so it makes sense why ny swivel was bad and seatbelt issues if I have a drivers chair. Sensor for tanks never worked and sinks and shower didn’t drain unless we left valves open outside. My husband thought it was a vent issue. We are 62 and ready to go but our jets are cooled. If we don’t get it back this week then Calif will be a dream �� Mr Tiffin was kind he called me last week and offered help. I am praying the Campers Inn gets the parts. Love the ride,storage and the layout is perfect. Being health challenged the rig is perfect. I hope we get to use it soon. Before the warranty runs out. Be safe all ❤️

I have no reason to believe your experience with Campers Inn will be bad. But I’m 100% certain a part their service department said they ordered (August 2020) was never ordered. I’m in Texas. They’re in Georgia (my dealer was). The head of the service department kept telling me they ordered it but Tiffin hadn’t sent it. I finally called Tiffin myself. They told me because the part is required to be ordered under the VIN, they had no doubt it wasn’t ordered. I finally gave up and ended up going to Red Bay for other things and told Campers Inn to forget about it. Tiffin just handled it. Campers Inn also changed the oil in the generator on the day of pickup. I assumed they also meant the filter. Nope, oil only. Who does that? It already had 78.1 hours on it (50 is first required change). When I changed it the first time myself, it still had the grey Cummins filter on it. I was done with that dealer pretty quickly. Or, truth be told, they were done with me.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:40 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetopguy View Post
I hope you get all the squawks fixed and back on the road! I finally have my rig working like it should. The only think I am finding now is a concern with the fuel gauge. My gauge goes to 3/4 tank indication after driving only 45 miles! I also can't get more than 55 gallons in it as it indicates only a 1/4 tank level. I do find that the fuel usage(on trip meter) is right on the money with what I put in as I fuel it up. I'm not sure that the stated 90 gallons fuel capacity is really accurate. Just got back from a trip to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and averaged 10.8 mpg pulling a 3600 lb. malibu. I'm tickled with that!
That is amazing milage. I hope you enjoyed the balloon festival I have heard it is amazing. We have decided to take the rig as is for now and head to Ca next week. We are taking Mr. Tiffin up in his invite to Red Door, he is a lovely man and I am overall happy with our choice. Last year was tough on everyone. I would definitely call and ask the in/house tech about your fuel gauge. Those sensors are sensitive for sure. Hope to talk to you again. Safe motoring my friend.
Robin-lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetopguy View Post
corners cut? Not sure I understand that. I've got a 38LL and is a enormous step up from my gaser of 17 years of ownership. Ride comfort roominess and the systems are all working well for us. At first I didn't like having only air bag leveling, but now it's been so much easier to operate then the landing gear systems.
We had 4 adults and 3 grandchildren with us as we boondocked at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta last weekend. I was surprised how roomy it was with 7 people. the floorplan was a real advantage. They also used the drop down bed in the front. It does make me bend down if I was to get out the door, but we are usually in for the night at that point anyway. The bed folds up in about 10 seconds as well, so it's no big deal for us.
Water, black, and grey tanks were plenty for our 3 night boondock trip. I did install a hot water loop that saves fresh water while boondocking.
Guess it's just comes down to what you want in a RV.
I agree, I love it. Things that were wrong are an easy fix. And I would buy that same rig in an instant. Love the ride and floor plan is absolutely cozy as can be. Happy Trails, hope to meet our brother rig someday. 😊
Old 10-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegats1 View Post
I have no reason to believe your experience with Campers Inn will be bad. But I’m 100% certain a part their service department said they ordered (August 2020) was never ordered. I’m in Texas. They’re in Georgia (my dealer was). The head of the service department kept telling me they ordered it but Tiffin hadn’t sent it. I finally called Tiffin myself. They told me because the part is required to be ordered under the VIN, they had no doubt it wasn’t ordered. I finally gave up and ended up going to Red Bay for other things and told Campers Inn to forget about it. Tiffin just handled it. Campers Inn also changed the oil in the generator on the day of pickup. I assumed they also meant the filter. Nope, oil only. Who does that? It already had 78.1 hours on it (50 is first required change). When I changed it the first time myself, it still had the grey Cummins filter on it. I was done with that dealer pretty quickly. Or, truth be told, they were done with me.
Love this I soo get it. Our Ct dealer never faxed the part list to Mr. Tiffin, did they think I was joking. The sweet girl answering the phone just dropped the ball. So they did alot but some definitely needs to go to Red Door so we are heading there on the return of our trip. So far Tiffin has been top notch to deal with. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:37 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Pack View Post
Dear TTG,

I wish I could send you a pic of the electric compressor, but I have only been told where it is. The fellow who finally wired it which fixed it confirmed to me the location I described here. When I first looked for it I did not see it, but I didn’t crawl around looking for it. When I didn’t find it I called FreightLiner and learned there are multiple locations for the electric compressor; so I asked my dealer to check it. That’s when it was found not wired at all. The fellow who fixed it confirmed it was located in front of the driver, visible from inside the generator compartment.
One thing I may not have made clear; the electric pump is not audible with the a/c or any other noise maker running. But if your coach is going out of level over night it is a cinch that there is a leveling problem. The reason the dealer may not have been able to duplicate the problem may be that it is people moving around inside that necessitates releveling. Doing that once, twice at most, exhausts the supply of compressed air. Without a working compressor further movement gets it further and further out of level. But with no people inside to make it out of level, the system checks for level every two hours, finds all’s well and uses no compressed air releveling, so it doesn’t run the electric compressor. Therefore it looks like it is working properly, but in fact the compressor would not run if called for.
One other possibility. To properly set the system to check for level every two hours, you park, shift to neutral, set the Park Brake, wait for full air pressure, press Level, then Auto Level. You then touch no other buttons on the control panel for as long as you’re there. If you do you must get full air pressure again, then touch Level and Auto Level again.

Many owners have found Tiffin never wired that compressor, including me. While I was in Red Bay I asked the techs about it. They pumped the brakes to bleed the tanks off and the compressor never kicked on. Quick wire connection and it runs fine now. Must not be on their checklist of QC checks.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Many owners have found Tiffin never wired that compressor, including me. While I was in Red Bay I asked the techs about it. They pumped the brakes to bleed the tanks off and the compressor never kicked on. Quick wire connection and it runs fine now. Must not be on their checklist of QC checks.
Thanks. My unit was wired ok, but what I found was a faulty pressure switch. The RV shop that I bought it from was useless. They kept telling me that it was working fine. Don't have any trust in their workforce now. I had to trouble shoot myself. I first replaced the electrical relay, Then found a $9 pressure switch bad that should allow the air pump to operate when the psi drops below 85 psi. The switch is attached to a small manifold on the pump assembly.
Now its works fine And we are not rolling out of bed overnight when the coach doesn't stay level.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCowboy View Post
our the captain chairs are both drivers chair and no foot rest. Tiffin is waiting for some chairs to arrive in a few days and they have a traveling tech that is going bring the chairs to me and install them.
WHAT??? We have a 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 340 38LL also, and both seats are identical, with no footrest on the passenger side. With the flimsy stairwell cover (feels like it's made of 1/2-inch or smaller plywood) broken on the first day we had our coach, it's been a real point of irritation. If they're getting you a correct passenger seat, I'd love to hear how you convinced them of that. I tried calling Tiffin to order one (and pay for it) and Tiffin told me it was not an option.

While I'm complaining, there are a 2-3 other things that would have changed my mind about making this purchase. The pathetic, stupid, worthless air leveling system (sorry, I'm typing my honest thoughts instead of trying to be nice. I'll try to be better). I really really really do not like the air leveling system. If I'd known when we purchased it that it would run every 45 minutes or maybe an hour, 24 hours a day, and that parking spaces need to be nearly 100% level before even trying to level (meaning I was going to have to carry wooden planks with me all the time), then I would not have purchased this coach. Of all the great things about the coach, the leveling system ruins it all. I will never buy another coach with this leveling system. It feels pretty dumb that I'm actually thinking about buying a set of heavy duty manual jacks to keep the front end from sinking almost from the minute it finished the last leveling.

Lack of a decent stairwell cover and lack of a footrest on the passenger seat are two others areas of pretty significant frustration. When on a trip, removing our soft foot stool from the top of the flimsy panel, and then removing the panel without it dropping into the stairwell (and getting stuck), while trying hard not to trip over our two golden doodles makes even simple tasks like fueling at a truck stop an excuse for 4-letter words.

Last on my major complaints: We live in a very hilly area. Just to go to the highway from our house is a 600 foot drop down a pretty steep hill. I found out the hard way that once the fresh water moves forward (because I'm driving downhill) that it starts draining and never stops until the water tank is nearly empty. The first time I noticed this was on a 500+ mile drive to the remote mountains of Idaho for a boondocking trip that ended up being without any fresh water until we drove around and found a fill station at a forest service campground.

Don't get me wrong. I love almost everything about our coach. It's beautiful, comfortable, quiet, and very easy to drive and tow our Mini Cooper. I get great mileage, and plenty of great compliments from other RVers. It only takes one time, though, when your new RV park neighbor says something like 'What is that noise your coach made all night?' to just want to drive to Red Bay and tell Tiffin to keep it until it's fixed.
halleeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:05 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by halleeng View Post
WHAT??? We have a 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 340 38LL also, and both seats are identical, with no footrest on the passenger side. With the flimsy stairwell cover (feels like it's made of 1/2-inch or smaller plywood) broken on the first day we had our coach, it's been a real point of irritation. If they're getting you a correct passenger seat, I'd love to hear how you convinced them of that. I tried calling Tiffin to order one (and pay for it) and Tiffin told me it was not an option.

While I'm complaining, there are a 2-3 other things that would have changed my mind about making this purchase. The pathetic, stupid, worthless air leveling system (sorry, I'm typing my honest thoughts instead of trying to be nice. I'll try to be better). I really really really do not like the air leveling system. If I'd known when we purchased it that it would run every 45 minutes or maybe an hour, 24 hours a day, and that parking spaces need to be nearly 100% level before even trying to level (meaning I was going to have to carry wooden planks with me all the time), then I would not have purchased this coach. Of all the great things about the coach, the leveling system ruins it all. I will never buy another coach with this leveling system. It feels pretty dumb that I'm actually thinking about buying a set of heavy duty manual jacks to keep the front end from sinking almost from the minute it finished the last leveling.

Lack of a decent stairwell cover and lack of a footrest on the passenger seat are two others areas of pretty significant frustration. When on a trip, removing our soft foot stool from the top of the flimsy panel, and then removing the panel without it dropping into the stairwell (and getting stuck), while trying hard not to trip over our two golden doodles makes even simple tasks like fueling at a truck stop an excuse for 4-letter words.

Last on my major complaints: We live in a very hilly area. Just to go to the highway from our house is a 600 foot drop down a pretty steep hill. I found out the hard way that once the fresh water moves forward (because I'm driving downhill) that it starts draining and never stops until the water tank is nearly empty. The first time I noticed this was on a 500+ mile drive to the remote mountains of Idaho for a boondocking trip that ended up being without any fresh water until we drove around and found a fill station at a forest service campground.

Don't get me wrong. I love almost everything about our coach. It's beautiful, comfortable, quiet, and very easy to drive and tow our Mini Cooper. I get great mileage, and plenty of great compliments from other RVers. It only takes one time, though, when your new RV park neighbor says something like 'What is that noise your coach made all night?' to just want to drive to Red Bay and tell Tiffin to keep it until it's fixed.

OK, you got me laughing before 5AM. I hear you on some of your frustrations, but I can't complain because I knew of these things before buying it. As I'm sure you know, the 340 is considered an entry level DP per the brochure (at least mine said that in 2019). But I know we still paid a bunch of money. Yes, the stairwell cover is a bit cheap honestly. A piece of plywood with carpet stapled to it. I'm not sure how bad your air system is leaking. That little pump is only topping the tanks off. You can turn the pump off if it bothers you. I can usually go about a week or longer without recharging the tanks while the system auto levels still. As for the leveling, I often see coaches equipped with both air bags and jacks on the same rig having to get more level in certain sites. I bought the fake rubber paver pads from Home Depot to use (light and less rigid than boards). I've gotten used to knowing when I will need them by just looking at the leveling bubbles. It's not optimal, but I see many other high dollar rigs doing the same. Anyway, it sounds like in the end you are going to be happy. If you look back about a year ago you would find a post I made where I tore into Tiffin and ranted and raved about the quality of my 340. I've got it pretty well ironed out now. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2021, 04:20 PM   #39

Quote:
OK, you got me laughing before 5AM. I hear you on some of your frustrations, but I can't complain because I knew of these things before buying it. As I'm sure you know, the 340 is considered an entry level DP per the brochure (at least mine said that in 2019). But I know we still paid a bunch of money. Yes, the stairwell cover is a bit cheap honestly. A piece of plywood with carpet stapled to it. I'm not sure how bad your air system is leaking. That little pump is only topping the tanks off. You can turn the pump off if it bothers you. I can usually go about a week or longer without recharging the tanks while the system auto levels still. As for the leveling, I often see coaches equipped with both air bags and jacks on the same rig having to get more level in certain sites. I bought the fake rubber paver pads from Home Depot to use (light and less rigid than boards). I've gotten used to knowing when I will need them by just looking at the leveling bubbles. It's not optimal, but I see many other high dollar rigs doing the same. Anyway, it sounds like in the end you are going to be happy. If you look back about a year ago you would find a post I made where I tore into Tiffin and ranted and raved about the quality of my 340. I've got it pretty well ironed out now. Good luck!
Thank you for the reply, my friend.

While staying at a HarvestHost not long ago, on a very flat lot (leveling was nearly perfect to start), I experimented by switching the battery to off while we went to dinner. We were gone maybe 90 minutes, and when we returned, the front end of the coach was pointed visibly to the ground. It's losing air pressure very quickly.
halleeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #40

Quote:

While staying at a HarvestHost not long ago, on a very flat lot (leveling was nearly perfect to start), I experimented by switching the battery to off while we went to dinner. We were gone maybe 90 minutes, and when we returned, the front end of the coach was pointed visibly to the ground. It's losing air pressure very quickly.
I feel your pain! I didn't even realize my coach didn't have the expected "landing gear" that I thought all coaches had. I do think your problem with the coach loosing air that fast should be a freightliner warranty job.
I too had problems. My aux pump didn't work at first. The shop couldn't fix, but said it was working fine. With the help from others on this site I was able to trouble shoot myself and found a bad pressure sensor that kept it from working.
Mine is set to check every 2 hours and level if necessary. Its not any louder than my neighbors A/C unit, so I don't worry about it.
Now, you need to know that, although the leveling system is more limited in how much it can level, it also is protecting the unit from torking and warping the frame. I have a family member that had used their "landing gear " jacks to the extent that it unseated the airbags, and twisted the slide so that now it has to be repaired. Its awaiting a complete new H frame to be delivered and installed.
The airbag leveling may someday save you from bending that 40 ft frame.
Also, good point about the water tank. There is room in the water cabinet to increase the height of the overflow tube. That should be an easy fix if you are somewhat handy with tools.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #41

Quote:

Also, if you turn on the leveling system and take it out of auto, it will not auto run.

Tags
allegro