Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
2021 Allegro Red 38KA options

Here are the options I'm looking at adding. Please let me know if you have any of these or wish you added them. If you have any please let me know how you like it and if you did it over would you still order that option please.

1. King bed memory foam mattress
2. Fireplace
3. L-shaped sofa
4. Wi-Fi Ranger
5. Satellite pre-wire
6. 1 Solar panel
7. Passenger side window (able to open)
8. Washer & Dryer stack
9. Storage slide out tray
10. Navigation system
11. All electric (Aqua hot and Induction cooktop)
12. Booth dinnete
13. Mocha cabinets
14. CB Radio antenna & pre-wire
15. Dishwasher

Thank for your advice.
Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1219 View Post
Here are the options I'm looking at adding. Please let me know if you have any of these or wish you added them. If you have any please let me know how you like it and if you did it over would you still order that option please.

2. Fireplace
3. L-shaped sofa
4. Wi-Fi Ranger
5. Satellite pre-wire
6. 1 Solar panel
7. Passenger side window (able to open)
8. Washer & Dryer stack
9. Storage slide out tray
10. Navigation system
11. All electric (Aqua hot and Induction cooktop)
12. Booth dinnete
13. Mocha cabinets
14. CB Radio antenna & pre-wire
15. Dishwasher

Thank for your advice.

We’re looking at possibly ordering the same coach and will be following your post. We were told by a dealer that for a RED it’s not worth the money for the all electric option. Said they never order one with the all electric option. Unless the L-shaped sofa has an inflatable mattress we won’t order it.
Robert
RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:02 AM   #3

Our OpenRoad options included a few of those. Some are simply personal preference.
1. Don’t like the memory foam and looking to change it completely or find an adequate thick cover for it. Again that’s really a personal preference.
2. We do use the fireplace to knock the chill off cool mornings. I probably would not have ordered it but after using it we really like it.
3. Don’t like and never extend the L-shaped sofa. For us it’s just not comfortable. Would much prefer the regular sofa. We’re strongly considering changing it at some point.
7. DW opens the side window regularly.
10. I never use the built in nav system ... I use my stand alone Garmin.
14. I’ve never hooked up the CB antenna but it’s there.

Hope this helps.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had rarely if ever used the PS co- pilot window in fact the DW did not like it as it interfered her looking out the window because of the bar in the window. Our bus came with a solid window which she prefers, no bar and no screen to block camera shots.
We went with a queen bed to get bigger night stands.
All the rest of you list we mostly have. I do use the L shaped couch when I watch TV, resting my feet on the ottoman.
The nav system is mediocre. I use it but have a Garmin 760 as a backup. The updating of the nav system is a pain as well and is not free.
We also do not have a solar panel. We seldom boondock and if we have to dry camp for several days, the generator works for us.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:41 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks so far.. keep it coming

Sounds like no fans for the Nav system... that's a $1160.00 option
One plus and one minus on the DW window opening - that's $218.00
One minus on the memory foam matress - for King it's - $870.00
One minus on the L-shaped sofa - that's $2,030.00
One plus for the fireplace - that's $725.00

I will say I have heard this from other's about dealers not ordering an all electric coach. I have not had one dealer (I'm talking to 5 of them) ever tell me against it. My wife wants the induction cooktop and I want the Aqua hot system. I do think the $5800.00 add on price tag is too steep but I have a friend who is a certified Aqua hot tech and he swears by the product but you must do the preventative maintenance. I have not heard good things about the Truma brand.

Solar panel (1) is $725.00 - yes or no. I don't boondock but my storage location does not give me power. Thought it might at least keeo the house batteries charged.

Wi-Fi Ranger is $1,015.00 - Ideas?

Exterior slide out tray - $725.00 (each) I've heard both ways with the negative being you lose storage space.

I appreciate all of your opinions.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Sounds like no fans for the Nav system... that's a $1160.00 option
One plus and one minus on the DW window opening - that's $218.00
One minus on the memory foam matress - for King it's - $870.00
One minus on the L-shaped sofa - that's $2,030.00
One plus for the fireplace - that's $725.00

I will say I have heard this from other's about dealers not ordering an all electric coach. I have not had one dealer (I'm talking to 5 of them) ever tell me against it. My wife wants the induction cooktop and I want the Aqua hot system. I do think the $5800.00 add on price tag is too steep but I have a friend who is a certified Aqua hot tech and he swears by the product but you must do the preventative maintenance. I have not heard good things about the Truma brand.

Solar panel (1) is $725.00 - yes or no. I don't boondock but my storage location does not give me power. Thought it might at least keeo the house batteries charged.

Wi-Fi Ranger is $1,015.00 - Ideas?

Exterior slide out tray - $725.00 (each) I've heard both ways with the negative being you lose storage space.

I appreciate all of your opinions.

We have a 2020 Red37pa we have Navi, so far so good regular sofa with recliner, not all electric, king size memory foam sleeps good to us, wired for traveler and solar. Have one slide out tray, I like it, other bay is regular pass thru. Pass window is fixed, fireplace is plus, U shaped dinette . Washer and dryer and dishwasher all pluses. Passed on WiFi ranger.
aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:01 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aden View Post
We have a 2020 Red37pa we have Navi, so far so good regular sofa with recliner, not all electric, king size memory foam sleeps good to us, wired for traveler and solar. Have one slide out tray, I like it, other bay is regular pass thru. Pass window is fixed, fireplace is plus, U shaped dinette . Washer and dryer and dishwasher all pluses. Passed on WiFi ranger.
Is the regular sofa comfortable? How about sleeping comfort on it?
Old 07-07-2020, 08:17 AM   #8

1. King, not necessary for us, very little room to make the bed with king mattress.
2. Fireplace - YES
3. L-shaped sofa - no, not comfortable
4. Wi-Fi Ranger - we got wiring only
5. Satellite pre-wire
6. 1 Solar panel - we got 3 panels. Works for us with generator
7. Passenger side window (able to open) - no
8. Washer & Dryer stack - YES!
9. Storage slide out tray - no, you lose too much under space
10. Navigation system - we use a garmin unit
11. All electric (Aqua hot and Induction cooktop) - no
12. Booth dinnete - we prefer the computer desk
13. Mocha cabinets - we prefer lighter colors. Mocha is too dark fir us
14. CB Radio antenna & pre-wire - not needed
15. Dishwasher - might be nice to have if you only have FHU, you do lose a lot of drawer space
Jerryss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #9

1. King bed memory foam mattress-Queen would have been just fine for the 2 of us, but we have a German Shepherd who likes to jump into bed with us, so wish we could have gotten the King
2. Fireplace-Love my fireplace. Takes the chill off on cold mornings and don't have to turn on the heat. Love the look of it in the evenings even if we don't have the heat on.
3. L-shaped sofa-If your TV is in front of the sofa, I would not get the L shaped sofa. Not comfortable to sit on. If TV is to the right of the sofa, then I would get it to allow better TV viewing. The bed part of it is comfortable in either the L shaped for straight sofa.
4. Wi-Fi Ranger- Yes, in this day and age where everything is internet based, every little bit helps
5. Satellite pre-wire - If you are a TV watcher, then yes.
6. 1 Solar panel - Yes!
7. Passenger side window (able to open) - I have to have a window that opens when I am the passenger. Especially when in the mountains and I want the fresh cool air.
8. Washer & Dryer stack - ABSOLUTELY; a necessity for me. I hate laundry mats and you never know what someone washed before you.
9. Storage slide out tray - Convenient, but not necessary.
10. Navigation system - I like mine because it is one more option for navigation. We use this along with Google Maps and Co-Pilot. Make sure you get the latest model. Some have gotten the old one with their new purchase and the last map update was 2017. I believe I heard somewhere that they are not updating the old one anymore.
11. All electric (Aqua hot and Induction cooktop)- I would love this, but it wasn't an option when I purchased. We are not much for boondocking, so not much of an issue for me. However, the generator and good batteries would work for boondocking so I see no downside.
12. Booth dinnete - This is personal taste. Some people swear by the table, chairs an workstation, but for me I prefer the dinette. It is another sleeping area for the grandchildren and Great Grands. When they are not with us, this is where the 2 dogs travel. We make it into a bed for them and they can see out the window.
13. Mocha cabinets-Again, personal taste. My daughter has the dark cabinets and I have the lighter ones. Hers show everything-dog hair, dust, smudges, etc. Looks great, but constant cleaning. I can't see all that on mine even if it is there, so it doesn't bug me enough to be cleaning all the time. Every other day cleaning works for me
14. CB Radio antenna & pre-wire - We have it and have never used it.
15. Dishwasher - Another ABSOLUTELY! Wasn't an option on ours, but would love one. I read that it uses less water than constantly washing your dishes by hand and when not in use can double as storage.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #10

While you didn’t specifically ask about this... We have never in any RV since 1989 used the oven. Best thing was when they made it an option and provide real storage in that space. We store chips and bread in the oven on ours and occasionally use the convection/microwave. Our previous DP had the storage space instead of an oven.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Is the regular sofa comfortable? How about sleeping comfort on it?

I haven’t slept on it but my daughter says it’s ok
aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #12

If you need some assistance from the outside passenger side for maneuvering, opening the window on that side lets you hear instructions. We use it when going up on boards for leveling at home. Opening the door while doing that would not be a good idea.
mnothstein01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:13 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
What we have decided - scaled down our options

We have decided to remove some options which will reduce costs from $15k to 6k. I loose the Aqua hot but hopefully I won't have any issues with the Truma. I will have the gas stove removed right away and replaced with the induction cook top after delivery.

2. Fireplace
3. Wi-Fi Ranger
4. Satellite pre-wire
5. 1 Solar panel
6. Washer & Dryer stack
7. Booth dinnete
8. Mocha cabinets
9. CB Radio antenna pre-wire
Old 07-12-2020, 11:34 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Dealers to order the 38KA

Not impressed with Sherman, Ingram or LaMesa.

Very impressed with the level of customer service from North Trail so far.

Looks like it's going to be between North Trail & Lazydays.

The numbers are all close to each other. No advantage financially driving 1400 miles round trip to pick it up myself.

Tags
allegro