RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
2021 Phaeton ordered!

My order for my 40 IH is in finally!! Can't wait to get it.
__________________

RoadRunner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
B52Rnav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 228
Congratulations on the new rig. We would love to hear details of your order. If you have opportunity to go to Red Bay for final inspection, you will be happy that you did.
__________________

__________________
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH
2014 Honda CR-V
B52Rnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Rnav View Post
Congratulations on the new rig. We would love to hear details of your order. If you have opportunity to go to Red Bay for final inspection, you will be happy that you did.
Thank you! I live in central Florida and plan on camping in Florida for the first 3 months of next year, so getting up to Red Bay right away might be difficult. Can you offer more insight on this suggestion? Reason I ask is they are building it in Red Bay and they will to their QC before they ship it to my dealer in FL I would hope. Don't they "final" inspect it before they ship it? I know warranty issues will come up I'll have to work through with the dealer. but to take it right back to Red Bay for warranty work is probably not doable. Maybe I should plan on camping up in that area after I've had it for a few months...?

Any insight from you Tiffin owners who have bought new would be super helpful as this process is all new to me.
RoadRunner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:06 AM   #4
Community Moderator
 
Lt Dan's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 4,933
As suggested a visit to Red Bay for the final inspection process is a good idea so you can see how they do it and catch any issues before it's shipped. They do a pretty thorough inspection but there are always things that get through. If you can't go to RB, do a careful PDI with your dealer before you take delivery. If they are a reputable dealer they will do a thorough inspection also.

As for visiting the factory, it's a must when you can get there. You will be able to see how these complicated pieces of machinery are assembled. We were lucky enough to be in the time frame where we could watch the entire build process. We spent almost two weeks in RB watching ours from the bare chassis all the way through final finish. After you have used it for a while and need any warranty work, the service center in Red Bay is a great place to have it done. They don't have to wait for parts to be delivered like a dealer and have all the qualified techs needed to fix any issues.
__________________
Dan & Ro with two Rescued Boston "Terrorists" Jade & Jewel
2017 Phaeton 40IH XSH Maroon Coral - Power Glide Chassis with IFS (05/17)
Previously '15 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA and '06 Itasca Sunrise 35A
'16 Jeep JKU Wrangler Sahara or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
As suggested a visit to Red Bay for the final inspection process is a good idea so you can see how they do it and catch any issues before it's shipped. They do a pretty thorough inspection but there are always things that get through. If you can't go to RB, do a careful PDI with your dealer before you take delivery. If they are a reputable dealer they will do a thorough inspection also.
Oh I get it. Great suggestion Dan thank you I will do that. The dealer (yes reputable) said in a few months I should know the schedule of events and dates on the build. When I get that I'll make an appt to see it in Red Bay before they deliver it. I'd love to see it being built from the chassis up but Red Bay is a 12 hour drive. Maybe a a flight to Birmingham and a drive up to Red Bay after the chassis build would be worthwhile. I'll have to see what they are willing to do as far as spending time with me. I'm sure they're extremely busy these days.
RoadRunner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:06 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Rnav View Post
Congratulations on the new rig. We would love to hear details of your order. If you have opportunity to go to Red Bay for final inspection, you will be happy that you did.
Thanks! Did you custom order your 2019?
Details are I ordered are the 450 Cummins, all electric, heated floor, solar panels, ext cycle batteries, 2 ext. slide trays, egress door, washer dryer, dishwasher, Mobileye, nav (this was a battle in my head considering the comments here but I'll use it for its radio and Apple Play and as a secondary GPS, not primary for routing which will be the Garmin)

Rick
RoadRunner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:38 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 112
Congrats!

I think your new rig would look great on a bay lot at Bluewater Key RV Resort (near Key West) for a week. Love that place.

Paul
__________________
2018 Allegro 36LA
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport/2D
Ready Brute Elite/Blue Ox BP
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaRVGazer View Post
Congrats!

I think your new rig would look great on a bay lot at Bluewater Key RV Resort (near Key West) for a week. Love that place.

Paul
Agree
RoadRunner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
zombiewoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner61 View Post
Thank you! I live in central Florida and plan on camping in Florida for the first 3 months of next year, so getting up to Red Bay right away might be difficult. Can you offer more insight on this suggestion? Reason I ask is they are building it in Red Bay and they will to their QC before they ship it to my dealer in FL I would hope. Don't they "final" inspect it before they ship it? I know warranty issues will come up I'll have to work through with the dealer. but to take it right back to Red Bay for warranty work is probably not doable. Maybe I should plan on camping up in that area after I've had it for a few months...?

Any insight from you Tiffin owners who have bought new would be super helpful as this process is all new to me.
I have had my 2020 40IH for about 7 weeks. Pretty much all of them have been in the shop for repairs. Some minor cosmetic defects, some major paint and fit defects, and a catastrophic bedroom slide failure. I did not go to Red Bay during the build and wished now I had. The paint and slide failure will require a visit to the mothership soon. Beautiful motorhome just poorly manufactured.
__________________
2020 Phaeton IH
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
zombiewoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:42 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewoof View Post
I have had my 2020 40IH for about 7 weeks. Pretty much all of them have been in the shop for repairs. Some minor cosmetic defects, some major paint and fit defects, and a catastrophic bedroom slide failure. I did not go to Red Bay during the build and wished now I had. The paint and slide failure will require a visit to the mothership soon. Beautiful motorhome just poorly manufactured.
Well that report isn't very encouraging. Guess I need to plan a trip up the Red Bay.
RoadRunner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:41 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
zombiewoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 29
Don't take my comments as overly harsh. I love my Phaeton. Tiffin has excellent customer support. Consistent high quality manufacturing is difficult for any RV manufacturer and Tiffin is not immune to this. Still, Tiffin is one of the better quality motorhomes on the market. My coach was built during the midst of the COVID shutdown at Red Bay and may have something do with my quality issues.
__________________
2020 Phaeton IH
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
zombiewoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #12
Member
 
BeachedTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Pensacola Beach, FL
Posts: 39
I recommend going to Red Bay. One of the biggest positives is that you will learn so much about your coach. The technicians are very friendly and want to help in anyway that they can. Get your list of questions ready.

I just go back from having some items repaired. I learned so much on how things work, how to check things, asking about Safe T Plus, Kona Shocks, etc.

One of the best experiences in going to Tiffin is hanging out in the customer lounge with the other Tiffin owners. Everyone is sharing stories, learnings, etc. I am thinking hard about getting a 40IH. Got to talk with a couple of 40IH owners and Bus owners about their thoughts. Very helpful.

Besides Tiffin, there ain't much to Red Bay. If you have some time, drive ~20 minutes north and go to the Rattlesnake Saloon. it is located under a rock ledge and is a unique experience. A stop at the Coondog Cemetary is interesting too. ~40 minutes away are great jeep trails at Hawkpride Mountain Off road if you are into jeeping.
__________________
Jim & Sherrie with rescues Jackie D & Stella
2017 Tiffin Red & 2017 Jeep Wrangler UHR
2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune & 2009 Jeep Wrangler-sold
BeachedTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
dezolen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewoof View Post
Don't take my comments as overly harsh. I love my Phaeton. Tiffin has excellent customer support. Consistent high quality manufacturing is difficult for any RV manufacturer and Tiffin is not immune to this. Still, Tiffin is one of the better quality motorhomes on the market. My coach was built during the midst of the COVID shutdown at Red Bay and may have something do with my quality issues.


Quality was disgusting long before COVID. There is no QA.
Such a shame as it is stopping us from buying a new Tiffin.
Beautiful coaches none the less.
__________________
2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA OPEN ROAD
2012 Honda CRV AWD toad
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:21 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 3
Congratulations indeed. Great suggestions from everyone. We are looking to purchase a Tiffin in 2021. Interesting that they are now offering the 2021 Phaeton 40 IH in an "ALL ELECTRIC" model. The 2020 Phaeton Brochure shows the 44 OH as the only "All Electric" model in the Phaeton. This is good news for us, as we prefer an All Electric Coach in the 40 foot category.
__________________

JoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
phaeton



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 Phaeton AJChamblee Tiffin Owner's Forum 10 08-06-2020 01:52 PM
2021 Phaeton fireplace Ollie_2020 Tiffin Owner's Forum 15 07-03-2020 03:03 PM
2021 Phaeton Roof Mounted Awnings Reelgator Tiffin Owner's Forum 19 06-21-2020 01:33 PM
2021 Anthem vs 2021 Aspire lands Entegra Owner's Forum 13 06-07-2020 01:04 PM
2021 Catalog of parts = Corrections Made= Changes for 2021 N.A. "007" Newmar Owner's Forum 1 05-09-2020 05:23 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×