Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2022, 03:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkedl View Post
Thank you! That is a great idea... should at least help me remove so I can reset the air pressure and hold me until I can get extensions installed. It's perplexing to me why Tiffin would have these sensors installed without extensions.
Freightliner used to install the extensions but bad things started to happen so they issued a recall that removed them. Basically they could not ensure the extensions did not rub on the wheel and open up letting the air out. Me, if I kept an eye on them at rest stops during the day I knew what was going on and could react. But some folks had serious failures and that was the end of the extensions supplied by freightliner.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2022, 11:08 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDan View Post
Freightliner used to install the extensions but bad things started to happen so they issued a recall that removed them. Basically they could not ensure the extensions did not rub on the wheel and open up letting the air out. Me, if I kept an eye on them at rest stops during the day I knew what was going on and could react. But some folks had serious failures and that was the end of the extensions supplied by freightliner.
Gotcha... We previously had a Jayco Seneca and I recall that being one (of many) recalls. Always wondered why. I'll be mindful of that when I figure out how best to solve this. Will be in Red Bay later this month - be curious to see what they have to say...
walkedl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 11:10 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttkd View Post
Lots of posts here and elsewhere, but speaking from experience beware of extensions, they can cause you a world of hurt and damage to your coach. Mine were factory installed and both failed in under 5k miles from new. duallyvalve is a solid valve for the inner that extends out to the outer and makes it easier to acces for tpms and airing up and down.
Good to know... That might mean the previous owner actually removed the extensions because of a failure. I'll look into duallyvalve. Thank you!
walkedl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
phaeton, tpms