Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35CP "Check Suspension" error

We have a yellow triangle with exclamation point that only says "Check Suspension" on the dash after picking it up from Cummins getting warranty work to replace a leaking rear main seal. I have been calling around and no one can tell us what this means. My wife worked with Tiffin in the dash interface and they came up with nothing. Anyone out there have a clue what this error may mean? I unscientifically checked the ride height and it looks good on all 4 corners and the tire to fender clearance seems fine on level ground and it rides and drives fine. I was hoping to get some ideas on what else to check since our local dealer is not returning calls.

Thanks!
dflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2021, 11:40 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Could just be a bad sensor.

2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35cp, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:26 PM   #3
PKI

Old troubleshooting concept - look first at last touched. Maybe a sensor cable was removed during the seal leak repair and not replaced. Maybe a component is not responding as the programming expects. No knowledge, just a thought. Pat
Old 12-04-2021, 12:28 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Depending on what the Cummins dealer did. They might have jacked up the bus on the frame and extended the suspension beyond normal. I would check the ride height adjuster on that wheel. If all looks good, try a reset by shutting down all batteries for a few minutes.
Once we had a Cummins dealer work on an electrical problem. They had the bus for several days and must have turned the batteries on and off multiple times. By the time I got the bust back the Valid Air system was all messed up and had to be reset.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks everyone!
dflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I know exactly what happen because I inadvertently cause the same error message to appear on our 35cp. It happened when I turned the key to start as if I was in my suv without waiting for the required time…oops. The check suspension message appeared soon after I properly re-started the coach. Apparently the solenoids didn’t properly pass the initialization check because I jumped the gun at startup. Anyway, I was able to clear the error message and haven’t seen it since. So I suspect the tech at your dealer made the same bonehead mistake I made.
RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, allegro bus, suspension, tiffin