Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2021, 03:57 PM   #1

2022 Phaeton 44OP

Could I get some feedback on the positives / negatives of ordering a 2022 Phaeton 44OP? Will this bus have a limited resale value?
rboozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 06:28 PM   #2

Just my personal opinion but I would never purchase a brand-new motor home. Too many problems right out of the factory, and you take a huge first-year hit on depreciation.

In terms of resale value, motor homes lose value like any other vehicle. They do not hold or appreciate in value like a stick & brick house.
RV Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:37 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Just for info, the Phaeton model will be 44OH. The OP designates an Allegro Bus. It's just my opinion but I think the 44OH would maintain as much value as any of the other flat floor models. The 44OH is exactly the same layout as our 40IH, just a few feet longer. In the Allegro Bus line, the 40IP and the 45OP are the same layout.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:09 PM   #4

We have a 2017 44OH that we ordered new. Like any new house or mh we did have to work through a punch list but has performed well since. Previous one was a 2004 that we ordered new as well. We have ordered new because we get exactly what we need and the depreciation is not as big an issue after 10+ years.
Milamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We bought our present 2016 Phaeton 44OH used earlier this year and IMHO it's a toss up with issues vs. a new model the difference is you have no warranty when you drive out the door so it's best to have an extended service plan in place. JMHO. We bought our first Class A gasser new a few years back and had lots of issues with it from Slides not going out, to AC's leaking inside when it got humid outside and basement doors swinging open on the highway, were just a few but it was under warranty and even though it took a couple of years to fix it didn't cost me anything but time.... lots of time in the shop. Of course it hurt less because I wasn't retired yet. Now we decided to buy our current MH used instead of new and so far we've had rear slide issue that was "repaired" but is back again. Patio Awning issue intermittently working (wtg. a new motor though not convinced it's the problem). DEF Sensor failure, luckily it didn't go into Limp Mode, and while currently returning to our Home in Florida from our 2 month trip back to NE, all slides wouldn't deploy. Used the emergency G6 button to deploy them. Called tiffin, who is great helping their customers, and Brett walked me through some wire checkouts and connections that have been issues and I'm happy to report the slides are working with the exception of the repeat electric slide issue, as planned. Mine had only 20K miles on it and had the dealer change out the tires, do all filters (air, oil, etc.) on the engine and do tune ups on Generator and Aqua-hot as well. During our day long PDI and the week before prelim inspection tested everything and I mean everything many times but as you can see weeks or months later things are still failing. Glad to have an extended service plan as it he's back to the shop next monday.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboozer View Post
Could I get some feedback on the positives / negatives of ordering a 2022 Phaeton 44OP? Will this bus have a limited resale value?
The real problem now is the jacked up prices on everything. You’re probably like me and if you want it, you should get it. However, to those who buy now, understand that if you can’t stand to lose big if you decide to sell perhaps when the market levels out, then wait. You will take a bath.

But wow, what a nice rig. I’d say go for it and have fun.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 09:17 AM   #7

I can't say that I have ever purchased a coach based on what it's resale value would be. We have always bought what we wanted at the time. After two used motorhomes, we have owned six new ones. We were never sorry we bought new. The last three Tiffin's purchased from Kings have been great. Less than a half dozen minor issues on each when new that they corrected promptly. Buying new is well worth it if you intend tom keep it several years.
If you like the 44OP, go for it and don't look back.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
phaeton