Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2022, 04:30 PM   #1

2022 Quality

Looking for some advice. Just purchased our third motorhome. Second class A , first diesel and first Tiffin (Red 360 37BA). We gravitated to Tiffin for quality reputation. 6 weeks later still waiting for delivery. The punch list was over 30 items. Some minor some kinda major (Aquahot, Jacks, Generator slide). My question is 30 plus defects normal for a new delivery Tiffin or do I have a lemon.

Thanks
Lcassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
2022 45 opp

We are picking up our 45 OPP bus and this is our first Tiffin as well. It has some cosmetic issues with paint along with some woodwork that needs correcting inside. Would have been nice if the paint would have been inspected before leaving Red Bay. Our plan is to make an appointment with factory and get the paint work and woodwork taken care of since they should have all the supplies needed for the work. Have a jack with a small hydraulic leak, had to repair a plumbing issue, replaced a slide out motor all of which they found during dealer PDI. Hoping the jack will last until we can get one in, dealer said they are very short on the cylinders. Dealer's process is to schedule a 60 day return to them to address issues that may come up after we make a few trips, we like that and hopefully if any issues they will be small. Seemed to have slipped the any QC check but looking on the positive side we love the floorplan and look forward to the trips we have planned. Oh my wife has that same lemon worry. Maybe they were thinking about gameday.
rick71373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:42 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I had a pretty long list on my 2019. Been to Red Bay twice. Once everything got ironed out, it's all good now. I've met others at Red Bay with 30+ items. I hate to call it normal, but it seems to be. The good news is Tiffin will take care of it. Not sure how far away you are from Red Bay and who your dealer is, but I chose Red Bay over the dealer both times. Happy I did. I'd assume it is not a lemon, but I was also not very happy about the list. They will take care of it though. Just gotta work through it.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:05 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments. Red Bay not too far we are in Tampa. Now it’s at LazyDays and they do have a Tiffin factory employee based out of their facility. Once they finish the initial I may head to Red Bay for the next list.
Lcassar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality