Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2021, 06:19 AM   #1

2022 Tiffin 37AP

For those of you that have gotten delivery of the 2022 37AP (which I expect delivery in a few weeks), please relate any information possible in regards to any problems to look for, anything to look out for at the PDI, and any other information you care to give or advise. As you all know, there is much to look out for and anticipate, with a new coach.
Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #2

Congrats on your 2022 37AP order! This past June we bought a new-to-us 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP. A few months in, we've noticed a very noisy Aqua Hot system which, I've been learning, seems to be relatively normal. On your 2022, I'd want to know what has been improved upon (if any) on that heating system. Did Tiffin or Aqua Hot improve in that system? Generally speaking, I'd like to know if system filters and fill ports are even better setup. Our 2014 has proven to be the best in terms of basement access, access to all filters, and idiot lights for onboard systems compared to our other RVs. Did they improve in that area? Also, with part shortages, backorders and stalled production for various reasons, make sure you check the tire dates along with your chassis. Hopefully, they didn't stick your new build on a 2020 or 2021 chassis. (probably not) but worth looking into.
Clearly, by your signature/profile, you love Tiffin and have experience with them....I'm sure you're going to know what to look for and I'm sure problems will be found. Nonetheless, blessings to you and your new coach!!

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP Owner
Old 10-22-2021, 05:37 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentlyRV View Post
Also, with part shortages, backorders and stalled production for various reasons, make sure you check the tire dates along with your chassis. Hopefully, they didn't stick your new build on a 2020 or 2021 chassis.
Yeah well, it is at least a 2021 chassis but checking the tire dates is a good idea. We have an early November delivery date now for our 2022 35CP, so if a glaring production mishap should present itself I will be sure to post it up here. Otherwise, no news is good news. All the best to all the rest.
RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:48 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentlyRV View Post
Congrats on your 2022 37AP order! This past June we bought a new-to-us 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP. A few months in, we've noticed a very noisy Aqua Hot system which, I've been learning, seems to be relatively normal. On your 2022, I'd want to know what has been improved upon (if any) on that heating system. Did Tiffin or Aqua Hot improve in that system? Generally speaking, I'd like to know if system filters and fill ports are even better setup. Our 2014 has proven to be the best in terms of basement access, access to all filters, and idiot lights for onboard systems compared to our other RVs. Did they improve in that area? Also, with part shortages, backorders and stalled production for various reasons, make sure you check the tire dates along with your chassis. Hopefully, they didn't stick your new build on a 2020 or 2021 chassis. (probably not) but worth looking into.

Clearly, by your signature/profile, you love Tiffin and have experience with them....I'm sure you're going to know what to look for and I'm sure problems will be found. Nonetheless, blessings to you and your new coach!!

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP Owner
BentlyRV, the Aqua Hot in our 2014 Allegro Bus 37AP is not loud. Just for clarification, is it loud when the electric water heater is on, the furnace is on (with electric &/or diesel burner on), the diesel burner water heater, or engine preheat. It isn't loud in any of those situations, but it would tell you what isn't right. We can hear the burner going, but it isn't loud.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:11 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichdlP View Post
Yeah well, it is at least a 2021 chassis but checking the tire dates is a good idea. We have an early November delivery date now for our 2022 35CP, so if a glaring production mishap should present itself I will be sure to post it up here. Otherwise, no news is good news. All the best to all the rest.
Here is one for you. We took delivery on a "2020" RED 37BA in May of 2020. Yet, our chassis, based on the "M" in the VIN is a 2021. A 2020 would have had an "L" in that position in the VIN. As a result, our DMV titled it as a 2021 (which will cost us a bit more ad valorem tax at registration renewals).
The chassis was built in February, 2020 by Freightliner. So, seems very odd that they assigned a 2021 VIN. I called Bob Tiffin and asked him about it. He agreed it seemed strange and would check into it. Never heard back. Oh well, it is what it is.

Back to the OP...
Things we found on our PDI: Chipped floor tiles, just 2 small chips. Scratched tail lense. Discolored patch on a wall panel. Some scratches on woodwork. A few more minor items. The factory took the coach back from the dealer and fixed all these issues.
There was also a few paint drips and a pretty obvious paint scratch. These will be resolved soon when we take the coach to Red Bay for a warranty repair visit, along with a few items we have found since our PDI.
JohnCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:11 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
OP, I would look at the cabinets in detail. I have a lot of bad nail gun patches with plastic wood.

Tags
tiffin