Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2022, 08:03 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2022 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Questions

We recently sold our OpenRoad 32SA and are looking to upgrade to a 2022 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH.
Anyone have any tips or suggestions as to options we should be looking for, or look to avoid?
It appears that La Mesa RV seems to offer the deepest discounts, but I wasn't sure if anyone has experience in dealing with them or potentially recommend another dealer. We're in the PNW and unfortunately all of the local dealers still aren't willing to deal much. La Mesa was able to dscount one just over 30% and we thought that was quite good.
Neal D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2022, 08:28 AM   #2

A 30% discount is good in todays market, but only if the coach has the options and floor plan you desire. Would not spend money on something I don’t want or like. If it’s still meets your wishes, would look into heated floors and aquahot. Neither will disappoint you. Dishwasher in my opinion is a waste. Best wishes on whatever you decide.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 12:07 PM   #3

We love our 37BH. If you are tall (I'm not) you may not like the shower. Since the big three discount dealers all have new owners, they may no longer have the best deals. You might find more current info over on the TRVN forum.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:42 PM   #4

We really like our 2019 37BH. We bought it used with 13K miles. The full length slide makes all the difference in the layout as it creates a large opening to the bedroom, which opens up the whole floor plan. A great coach for playing with the dog as it is wide open for her to chase her balls or toys!!

Assuming you are going to order your coach, one of the first decisions to make it all electric or not. Ours is all electric and we love it, albeit we have had a couple issues with the Aqua Hot caused by a dealer incorrectly winterizing it. Running Aqua Hot with diesel does give you the occasional fumes when sitting outside, depending on the wind direction. For most cases, running the Aqua Hot on electric gives you sufficient hot water for showers but not necessarily enough for running multiple washer loads. Be careful about placing your drain hose beneath the Aqua Hot exhaust pipe. It will melt it! Ask me how I know!!

Ours has the hide a bed sofa and the fireplace and recliner in place of the jack knife sofa. We leave the recliner at home as we don't want to use the room necessary to move it towards the other side of the coach so we can watch the pop up TV. We bought a couple poofs to use as foot rests for my wife and I. I use one of the poofs as a footrest for the driver's seat once it has been rotated. Not having the jack knife sofa further opens up the living area.

Ours has the heated floor option which we rarely use. It also has the Wi-Fi extender which I rarely used initially and never use now that I have a Starlink antenna. Mine was originally optioned with the in-motion satellite. The previous owner added a Traveler antenna as well, so I have lots of options there. Having Starlink has allowed me to cancel my Dish service as I use YouTube TV. So I now have two satellite antennas that I am not currently using.

This is our third Tiffin having previously owned a Breeze and a Red. It is, by far, our favorite of the three. The 1/2 bath is worth its weight in gold!! And the kitchen has plenty of counter space. You will love your 37BH.
jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:46 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Some of the options that I really like on our Tiffin is the heated floors. Living in Northeast PA it is wonderful to walk around on heated floors on a cold morning. This is really, really nice.

The other option is the Thruma instant hot water system. Works great with unlimited hot water.

Really like the fireplace option, takes the chill out when you don't want to run the heat. It always adds to the ambiance.

Have three solar panels on the roof that supply power when you are not hooked up to shore power.

Really like the Televator option, so nice to watch TV without turning your head.

It is just me, I am not a fan of the Auqahot full electric coach option. My wife still loves to cook with gas and a oven. You have three major burners instead of two, and don't need special pots & pans to cook with. My friends who do have the full electric option seem to always have a Aquahot problem of some sort.

I do believe the built in TMPS and in dash Navigation comes standard in the new coaches.

I could do without the WIFI Ranger and in motion satellite system. Have them both and don't use them.

PAM
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:52 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you all of the valuable input, much appreciated.

We decided to go with an all electric coach that they had in stock, the plan is to pick it up next week.
It includes the AGM sealed battery opton (my thinking is that this is a little less maintenance). It looks to meet our needs and the discount was far greater than anything we were able to find elsewhere.

Hopefully this serves us well for many years to come.

Thank you again!
Neal D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
phaeton, tiffin