RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
32SA back wall closet - how do you use it?

Another question for 32SA owners - how do you use the funky back-wall "closet"?

Thanks,

Randy
groswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Another question for 32SA owners - how do you use the funky back-wall "closet"?

Thanks,

Randy
The 32SA is on our short list for next coach, and we've been wondering about that ourselves. Especially since we have yet to be able to see a 32SA in person. How deep is the shelf in that back closet?
Old 09-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #3

We don't think of it as a closet, rather a wide narrow storage space. You can stack many plastic storage containers, works well for brooms, mops, boots etc.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #4

Love our 32SA but like anything there are things I don’t like. This is one of them. Would greatly prefer a back window. I do hang a couple jackets on the hooks and put some shoes/sandals on the shelves. It’s about 8 inches wide as I recall.

Other dislikes? The pull out laptop platform in front of the passenger seat could be better; a bit flimsy. That said, I do love sitting there when working on the laptop. Also don’t like the stove cover pieces. Would vastly prefer a hinged setup. Those pieces are heavy and a bit awkward. We store those and the sink covers next to the couch next to the back wall of the living room slide.

These are nits we can live with. The 32SA is an awesome setup for a solo traveler or a couple like us. If you travel with a tribe, less so versus larger layouts.
Ddjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddjay View Post
Love our 32SA but like anything there are things I donít like. This is one of them. Would greatly prefer a back window. I do hang a couple jackets on the hooks and put some shoes/sandals on the shelves. Itís about 8 inches wide as I recall.

Other dislikes? The pull out laptop platform in front of the passenger seat could be better; a bit flimsy. That said, I do love sitting there when working on the laptop. Also donít like the stove cover pieces. Would vastly prefer a hinged setup. Those pieces are heavy and a bit awkward. We store those and the sink covers next to the couch next to the back wall of the living room slide.

These are nits we can live with. The 32SA is an awesome setup for a solo traveler or a couple like us. If you travel with a tribe, less so versus larger layouts.
Thanks for the measurement. As far as the stove goes, Tiffin is now hinging that stove cover for 2021 based on the videos we've seen. I hear you about the laptop tray. The Fleetwood setup and the Newmar option seem to be much sturdier.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks all. I think weíll just live with it for a while and hope for inspiration. 😁

Regards,

Randy
groswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:52 PM   #7

Umbrella, jackets, first aids kits, rolled up towels. Pretty much a waste of space but we did find enough items to stuff into it. A window would be nice.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:55 AM   #8

Tiffin could have easily increased the depth of the closets 8-12 inches. There is sufficient open space between the endcap and rear wall.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:14 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I hang a couple of our light jackets in ours. And put a couple pairs of shoes on the bottom ledge.

You have a full closet, with dual set of three doors on the wall for plenty of clothes storage capacity.

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote