Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #1

33AA

Anybody have the 33aa with optional sectional? I’d like to know does it make into a decent sleeper? Is either end a recliner? Are you still able to utilize the drivers seat in a decent swivel position? Thx
cln56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2018, 11:03 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cln56 View Post
Anybody have the 33aa with optional sectional? I’d like to know does it make into a decent sleeper? Is either end a recliner? Are you still able to utilize the drivers seat in a decent swivel position? Thx

I think you will find that different year models have different couches... and sometimes you'll find the same couch for many year models in a row.

I can't guess at what year model 33AA you're inquiring about, but I can say that I've never met an RV sleeper sofa that was also comfortable.

If it's a sleeper, there would be no recliners.

To discover if the front seats swivel easily without running into anything, you just about have to walk into the unit and try it. Some are better than others.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The simple answer is go on the Tiffin Motorhomes website at look at current and earlier versions of the 33AA to give you some idea of the interior options. You can also wait for a Tiffin owner to come along or you can go to the other Tiffin owners website and ask your question there.

If you don't like the furniture, you can always source something new - lots of sources of RV furniture out there.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:00 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2017 33aa.... with optional sectional and one recliner..... Sofa bed is brutal..... will look at switching it out when we get chance. Would prefer sofa with no recliner.
HiwaysByways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
The layout has changed in different years. In 2015, the recliner is next to the fireplace, and the sofa is from that point forward. I got the L shaped sofa, which the L is useless since if you use the L, you can't flip the drivers seat around (which we always do).

The bed is fine, our adult girls and/or friends/husband use the inflate a bed. Nobody has ever complained, and I've fallen asleep on the sofa many a nights. If I had to do it again with that seating arrangement, I wouldn't get the L as it's not needed.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #6

We were told that you could switch the sofa and recliner positions. I just have not had any need to try it.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just purchased a 2019, and we have the couch which he now has an inflatable air mattress for the sofa. Driver seat should not be an issue as we did not take the L shaped couch. The king size bed has a memory foam mattress.
caschoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i have a 17 red with the inflatable as well, i have been told by my in-laws that it is very comfortable to sleep on although i have not personally used it, it is an air and spring bed, the front seats do pivot nicely but i disconnect the seat belts from the walls and tuck into the back of the seats before pivoting, the drivers seat needs to be all the way forward before pivoting to not hit the steering wheel, all very easy to do, and passengers seat makes a very comfortable recliner as well with the power leg rest, very happy with this set up, looked at the L shaped couch before we bought ours and didn't think it would be very comfortable for two adults to sleep on
sumptercat is offline   Reply With Quote