Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
34TGA Rear Monitor

We have a 2012 34 TGA and on the way home from Florida this week I noticed that the rear monitor, a Triple-Vision 7" LCD screen was going dark. When I turned on the turn signals the side cameras were dark as well so I figured it was the monitor. When I hit a pothole on 95 the screen would get brighter and seemed to be fine. Then it would go dark again. I called the manufacturer and they thought it might be a ground. I traced the wires from the back of the set and they go into a huge harness. Thinking about cutting the black ground out of the camera monitor harness and bugging a spliced ground into one I know works. Any body had this experience? Thanks.
silverado574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2014, 06:12 AM   #2

I am not familiar with your exact setup. However, *most* camera installations utilize a camera controller module. The controller will have the R and L turn, and reverse sense wires going to it, and one video cable running from it to your monitor. The controller will also have a separate 12v power source. I agree with checking the ground (or 12v+) theory as being your problem is a good starting point for troubleshooting this, but if yours does indeed use a controller then I would try to find it as that is most likely where your loose or faulty ground or + wire problem is.

If your monitor has 3 different inputs, one for each camera, (no controller) then I would continue the direction you were heading with supplying a separate ground and even try a different 12v+ source as well temporarily to see if the problem goes away.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:47 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
34 TGA Rear Monitor

Thanks for that comeback information. Running another positive source is a good idea also. This is one of those situations if I take it back to the dealer for an extended warranty repair, I will drive 70 miles and with the intermittent condition like this is doing, usually with my luck it will not show up and there will be a big "nothing found" stamp on the ticket. Thanks again.
silverado574 is offline   Reply With Quote