Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #1

36 LA bedroom slide

The bedroom slide on my new 2016 LA is out of sync, and retracts crooked until it is almost fully retracted. The front edge of the slide is behind, and hits the sidewall just before it seats.

The dealer is going to look at it next week, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and your success at resolving the issue. I also have the sticking shower door problem.

Happy Trails, Forrest
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2016, 01:41 AM   #2

New Horizons Owners Club
I'm not sure if ours are the same but, when mine gets out of sync I retract 1/2 way then extend approx. 1/4 of the way and do this 4-5 times and mine usually syncs back up.
CDWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I had the same problem and someone on this forum was nice enough to point me to a video on the manufacturer's website on how to fix it - worked for me anyway:

Support Center

On the right side of the page find "Slide-Outs" under "Support Navigation"; then "In-Wall&reg: Slide-Out"; then on the resulting page click on "Videos" and then "How to retime a In Wall Slide-Out Slide".

Hope this helps!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #4

Slide out of sync

Thanks a lot, I watched the video and followed the instructions and WALA! It worked perfectly. I appreciate the replies.

Happy Trails, Forrest

QUOTE=RVdus;3252753]I had the same problem and someone on this forum was nice enough to point me to a video on the manufacturer's website on how to fix it - worked for me anyway:

Support Center

On the right side of the page find "Slide-Outs" under "Support Navigation"; then "In-Wall&reg: Slide-Out"; then on the resulting page click on "Videos" and then "How to retime a In Wall Slide-Out Slide".

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
... I also have the sticking shower door problem.

Happy Trails, Forrest...
This is a drastic process, but it worked for me. I don't really recommend it unless you are willing to take risks. I decided to try it after the Tiffin tech team applied a fix that lasted all of one week. The problem is there is too much "give" in the rubber gasket that surrounds the glass in the frame. The weight of the door eventually warps the frame because the gasket compresses. Shortening the top frame member will compress the gasket more at the top and pull the door upwards.

1. Remove the shower door by removing the top and bottom hinge screws.
2. Carefully take the door to a place where you can lay it flat on a thick blanket
3. Remove the top aluminum frame member.
4. Saw off 3/16 inch of that frame member.
5. Reassemble the door.
6. Remount the door and carefully tighten the top hinge screw until the frame draws tight.
7. Check the fit of the door. You may actually have to loosen that top screw to let the frame come back down a bit.

I did this several months ago and have been on a two month trip ... no shower door dragging yet!

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
gorwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I was told if you stop in the middle of an extend or retract to then fully extend and retract three time to sync up the motors again. Also to hold the extend or retract botton for three seconds aftera normal extend or retract.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:18 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I haven't had a problem with mine yet. But am glad to see there is a way to sync the drive motors. THANKS TO FORUM POSTERS!! YOU GUYS ARE A GREAT SOURCE OF INFO.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide