RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
36LA 2018 rear toilet water leak

The leak is at the floor from the box behind the toilet that has all the plumbing. How do I remove this box to examine the plumbing? It seems to be just wedged behind the Tecma but it doesn't budge.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2020, 09:21 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2016 36UA. Same mid and rear bathroom. I've wondered about removing that wood cover behind that rear toilet, and the the one behind the mid toilet. I'm not experiencing any issue (yet), but your post has had me wondering about how that cover is removed. Sorry, I'm no help, but I'm following here, to see further comments.
TomsMaHauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2016 36LA and Iíve removed the top to the back bathroom wood box behind the toilet. I had to access that area to disconnect the toilet to removed something stuck in the macerator pump. (Long story). Iím able to just lift up on the edge of the top cover. I pull up a little on one side then the other until it pops off. Clips hold the top on. When I had to disconnect and reconnect the toilet the first time I didnít reconnect the wire for the back flow valve. The toilet appeared to flush fine but water came out from under the toilet. Had many wet towels that day. Once I got that wire connected life got back to normal. Good luck!

Steve
stevel720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
That lid is glued to the box. I could not get even a thin putty knife between the top and side. I got the knife between the side and floor but the box did not budge. The Tecma toilet can not be removed without access to all the plumbing which goes through the floor. I guess I will call Tiffin.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:46 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
After looking at my mid and rear bathroom toilet "boxes" again, it appears that mine are like TRAKKER's. The one in the mid bathroom goes under the bathroom vanity and looks like it would be very difficult to separate and pull forward (or out) to get to the plumbing under it. The one in the rear bathroom doesn't go under the vanity and looks easier to remove, once it's revealed how to do that.

My rear Tecma toilet flushes and works well, but during the flushing process the red triangle light flashes for a few seconds but then stops, and after the flush the green water level lighted logo shows like it should. The toilet works great. No issues. I just wonder why it does that for a few seconds or so after pressing the (low) flushing button? The black tank shouldn't be the issue, as it is less than half full.

Anyway, I keep checking in on this thread. Glad you started this thread, TRAKKER. When you find out more from Tiffin, I hope that you post their answer here.
TomsMaHauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:55 PM   #6

Have a '18 36LA. Occasionally have water seep out from under the Tecma toilet. I decided to remove that woodwork behind the toilet while we were out on a month long trip 2 months ago. The top piece and bottom piece of wood are secured w/ pocket screws that are inside of the wood "box". I have no idea how Tiffin got these screws installed INSIDE the wood "box" unless they did it before the rear cap of the motorhome was installed. I used a thin blade scraper, claw hammer, hack saw and hand grinder w/ cut-off wheel(s) to remove the screws that I could get to w/ a bit socket. Had to buy, cut and stain new wood since the old stuff was destroyed. Will use L-brackets to install the vertical piece of wood behind the toilet and then the horizontal piece of wood that sits on top will rest on longer L-brackets and be secured w/ double sided tape.
After all of that, the toilet hasn't leaked. I bought an "endoscopic" inspection camera for $50 on Amazon and every so often use it to look at the hoses tucked inside the Tecma to see if I can find a slow drip - nothing so far. Bet that the leak reappears on our next camping trip later this month. Will probably end up disconnecting the water line and outflow hose and electrical connections and check to see if all of those hose clamps are tight or if there is a split hose.
B-I-L recently had to take the macerator apart on his Tecma in his Entegra d/t granddaughter playing and putting 1/2 role of TP down the toilet.
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
This is how the toilet plumbing is installed. It and the toilet are put in place before the walls/caps are put on. The top on ours does come off but it's a tight fit to do anything inside the compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ToiletBack.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	303408  
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:46 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I called Tiffin and the tech insisted the top of the box was held on by clips and will just pop off. I have not tried yet but I believe it is like TexasProud says and I will have to butcher the top to get it off. The side panel is definitely screwed to the vanity because there is a screw point poking through.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
No way to get in that box. We have also had intermittent red light on the Tecma. We are now convinced that is related to the leak. No sign of leak if we do not use Tecma. Normally you would get a red light if the black tank was near full. Possibly if fresh water is low. Neither condition exists. Light is solid red.

Tags
leak, rear, toilet, water, water leak