Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #57

No lemon law for RV's bought in Maryland. Three trips to Tiffin in 6 months for total of 3,868 miles driving back and forth to them and a total of 2 months and 2 weeks of time there. Never again will I drive there. But your all welcome to bring your marsh mellows with you for the roast as we won't be calling the fire dept. right away.
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2014, 04:09 AM   #58

We have owned our Tiffin 36la for almost a year, took delivery December 2013. We live in Michigan, and the coach came winterized for the winter. We were not able to test all the water related systems until spring.
We bought from a large dealership here in Michigan, General RV in Grand Rapids. They did an excellent PDI, catching many issues before delivery. This was our second coach, bought brand new. We went through the PDI when we arrived to take delivery, and still found a small list of things needing correction. The very day we took our coach home, 75 miles north, the regulator for the LP began malfunctioning. We called General RV and they sent a technician up to our home to replace it.
By spring we had a small list of additional items that were discovered, or started to have issues, including the door being out of alignment, the shower itself not being 'square', and a few others. The door had to be replaced entirely.
We currently have discovered that we are having radio interference from our overhead LED lights. We had the option of taking it back to General RV for replacement of all the fixtures or Tiffin would ship them directly to us ( to avoid having to drive the 1-1/2 hrs back to General RV.
The Service Dept at General RV, in particular, the Service Writers, have been fantastic. A true advocate for the customer, with the manufacturer. We couldn't be more pleased. Tiffin has been great to deal with also. Absolutely no complaints.
But, you have to understand the nature of the business, of the process. These Service Writers must deal with a slew of manufacturers. Unlike auto dealers, who only must work with one or possibly a couple manufacturers, RV dealership Service Writers must deal daily with a dozen different company's warranty reps.
My point with this long oratory is not how great our service dept is, but rather that ALL should be this way. The SERVICE DEPT is the key to the entire RV buying experience. The salesperson? I could care less who they are or their personality. I will deal with them for a few hours, at most, at purchase time and then I done with them.
We still had to wait our place in the long wait for a service appointment. They are BUSY.
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodrig18 View Post
Update3. The "thing" is back from Red Bay, spent 8 weeks there. They "fixed" all issues, repainted the side, changed the leveling system, cabinets, driver chair, passenger chair, slide frame, skylight, sink, macerator, closet door, etc etc etc. entry door was replaced to no avail the issue remains. For sale sign on.

Good luck trying to sell it!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:33 AM   #60

Summerhouse, I would trade it on SOB or what ever you want. Selling it is risky business, let a dealer worry with it, as I did with a 11 Phaeton I owned for 11 months. Now very happy and the Tiffin is a distant bad dream.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
Summerhouse, I would trade it on SOB or what ever you want. Selling it is risky business, let a dealer worry with it, as I did with a 11 Phaeton I owned for 11 months. Now very happy and the Tiffin is a distant bad dream.
hey larry; whats funny is we both had the same story with lemons only with different brands. Yours was the tiffin and my savior was the tiffin. We had the thor and had to trade it and let the dealer worry about it. We now have an 11 phaeton and love it. Go figure
Old 10-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #62

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
What is not funny is that we shouldn't go through these issues. I can't believe that we are supposed to be ok with one brand or the other having issues. Really? then these manufacturers will continue to be ok with producing what? 20-30-40 percent defective units? Would you be ok living in a house where your shower doesn't work? Your door doesn't close? The roof leaks? Go figure!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Jrodrig18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #63

I own a Itasca Meridian 34B and am on this website because I'm thinking of buying a larger unit and am interested in the Phaeton. I've spent a lot of time on the various owner forums. My own experience with the 34B combined with what I've seen on the various owners forums leads me to wonder if the US motorhome builders could use a little foreign competition. The onslaught of the original Honda's and then other manufacturers certainly changed the american car companies attitudes. I really hate to think that way, but...
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs