Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
36LA or bust?

about ready to write up the papers and order my 36LA...I came on this forum to ask what is a good price to start negoiations with, on an ordered 2015 with every option expect satellite tv....can anyone tell me a good % to start off with and where I should end up, I am getting the sumo springs as well, felt a difference after the test drive.. the MSRP of the rig is $167310.00 what should I pay????
Im also reading tons of electrical problems which scare me.. any input? all is much appreciated.. thanks in advance
wetseal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
From what I have read and during our recent purchase, 22-27% off msrp. But some of Those numbers may depend on how plentiful the RVs are, and how new or popular. Brand new?
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:40 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
36LA or bust

well I sent out to all dealers exactly what we wanted in a coach, and all over the numbers came back around 119,300....118900....117960...118700... so when we took the lowest number it seems they are ranging (if I did the math correctly) around 28-29 percent... so we are happy with that... we used to own a 07 winnie gave it back years ago, and we got a heck of alot more perrcent off.. I guess Tiffin products dont call for that?! Well we are happy with our price, but come to find out the dealer is now adding a "dealer fee" of $699.00 to the price when we have an email from him saying he would waver it...he is going back on his word...he says its because he said that in an email in June, ...and we were ready to order, but he said wait til the Super show for the best price! I do hope we are not dealing with a dishonorable man... We are choosing this dealership because of closest to our home.. and there are Tiffin Reps that supposedley work there... We dont want to have to drive all the way to RedBay and wait...We went to a rally two weeks ago, (invited by friends) and met Bob Tiffin and bluntly asked him why the change in taking care of older RVs.? He said nothing really has changed except that his new policy is to take care of the newer year rv first that drive to REd BDay and the RV that are very old...will have to wait and wait and wait.. This, among liking the coach layout was the main reason for us buying a Tiffin, "You never have to worry," it will be fixed if need be....well I will keep all updated... I would like to know if anyone is having huge problems with their 36LA
Old 12-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #4

Bought ours in 2012, very few problems, no dealer visits. Only reason we have visited Red Bay was for a tour before we made the purchase, and one stop there late 2013 for replacement of a cracked windshield. Only reason we stopped for the windshield was we were passing within a few hours of the plant enroute to our stick home in Kentucky. I would recommend getting a tune, we have had two V10 fords RV and it improves the shift points greatly. We used " 5 Star Tuning".
melving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #5

36LA

No major problems with ours. Not one trip back to the dealer as I have been able to sort all minor adjustments myself.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetseal40 View Post
well I sent out to all dealers exactly what we wanted in a coach, and all over the numbers came back around 119,300....118900....117960...118700... so when we took the lowest number it seems they are ranging (if I did the math correctly) around 28-29 percent... so we are happy with that... we used to own a 07 winnie gave it back years ago, and we got a heck of alot more perrcent off.. I guess Tiffin products dont call for that?! Well we are happy with our price, but come to find out the dealer is now adding a "dealer fee" of $699.00 to the price when we have an email from him saying he would waver it...he is going back on his word...he says its because he said that in an email in June, ...and we were ready to order, but he said wait til the Super show for the best price! I do hope we are not dealing with a dishonorable man... We are choosing this dealership because of closest to our home.. and there are Tiffin Reps that supposedley work there... We dont want to have to drive all the way to RedBay and wait...We went to a rally two weeks ago, (invited by friends) and met Bob Tiffin and bluntly asked him why the change in taking care of older RVs.? He said nothing really has changed except that his new policy is to take care of the newer year rv first that drive to REd BDay and the RV that are very old...will have to wait and wait and wait.. This, among liking the coach layout was the main reason for us buying a Tiffin, "You never have to worry," it will be fixed if need be....well I will keep all updated... I would like to know if anyone is having huge problems with their 36LA
I don't know why any dealer would tell a customer that was willing to order in June that they should wait until January of the next year to order a coach. Potential price increases and giving you a chance to change your mind would make that a poor business practice. If you have it in writing that the "dealer fee", aka pure extra profit for them, would be waived but now it isn't then you already have your answer about a "dishonorable man".
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #7

No electrical problems with my coach, but then it didn't get struck by lightening and I installed a Progressive Industries Electrical Management System as soon as I took possession. It was back for 3 warranty items that were minor.
Floor plan is great and I wouldn't quibble about $700 when your going to spend over 100K. If your mad at the dealer take the next lowest figure which looks about $700 higher and order from them.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #8

Had Problems

The only thing I can say is Good Luck. You can read our sad story on the 36 LA
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
28% off msrp about right , no ups no extras etc, etc go for it I got an Allegro in 2010,, not tiffin issue not one, did drop transmission at 21000 mi
Ford sat on it for 12 days, called zone manager for ford, talked nice, she overnight new trans from san diego on road 27 hours later.
johnboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
36LA or BUST

Well Everyone, We had a fantastic Christmas, for on Christmas Eve, we ordered the Tiffin 36LA...!!! I wanted to thank everyone for their input... We will purchase that surge protector, (wonder if there are different ones? they are about $350 bucks...??) and any thing else you folks rec...Even though its our second time around, its nice if we had advise on inspecting the coach when it arrives...anything we should look for?
thanks
Old 12-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #11

Progressive Industries makes a really good surge protector. Has lifetime warrantee. PITA to wire the hardwired model as space for the wiring is very tight. Congrats on the purchase, you should be very happy with it. We sure are and have not seen anything remotely as nice as ours. We have seen them all and even after 2 years more than happy.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on your purchase! May you have many carefree miles in your new Tiffin!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetseal40 View Post
Well Everyone, We had a fantastic Christmas, for on Christmas Eve, we ordered the Tiffin 36LA...!!! t... We will purchase that surge protector, (wonder if there are different ones? they are about $350 bucks...??)
thanks
FWIW, I'm another big fan of the Progressive surge protectors. They offer more than one model for 50 AMP coaches, and there may still be some different features available even on the hard-wired units, which I would not be without. The "portable" pedestal mount units are nice, but I like mine secured in a compartment and I have installed one in every coach we've ever had. Do your homework while waiting for your Tiffin baby to be born.

Congrats!
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #14

A 36LA is a great Christmas present! Congrats.
Defiantly install the Progressive Industries Electrical Management System for 50 amp hard wired model.
Search on this forum or on TRVN forum for Pre-delivery inspection lists. If you have enough of people when taking delivery, record the walk through or take good notes.
I have heard from many owners that the driver window switches are not operational. Mine didn't work either. Check it along with any other switches or touch pads you can operate.
Tell them you want 85 lbs of air in each tire. They had 100 in mine and it rides better at the lower pressure. They probably don't even check the pressure and don't expect you to think about it.
The other item to make sure is adjusted correctly is the entry door. Make sure it opens and closes easily and the dead bolt engages smoothly. Many on the TRVN forum posted multiple adjustments until it was right.
It will be a work in progress for a while, but it is worth it. This coach is the best RV I have owned out of many.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote