Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
37PA Ceramic Floor tile

Last week the wife and I went on an annual outing in North Carolina and she bought a candle in a glass container. As per the course of my luck it fell off the counter and cracked a floor tile. After I got over the anger that the glass jar did not even break I got a tube of superglue and a straight edge razor blade. After forcing the glue into the crack and scraping off the residue you can hardly tell its there. Has anyone ever replaced a ceramic tile? It would seem to me that after you take the old one out a new one with the fast set glue it would never look right. Any thoughts.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
To replace a broken tile, you first have to find a matching one or one so different it looks like you wanted to highlight the spot. Then the chisel out the old tile, the underlying thin set adhesive, and the grout surrounding that tile. Mix up new thin set, put the new tile in place, making sure it's got an even space around it and is level with all surrounding tiles. Once the thin set has dried, mix up matching grout and push it into the spaces around the tile. As it sets up, use a damp sponge to remove excess and shape the grout.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:48 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the reply Bob. I got a whole box of tile with the new rig and I guess the grout is available in stores.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Any tile shop can repair the floor for you. You can do it yourself but a professional repair might be better.

You can call Tiffin and get the grout color (and they might even send you some).
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:38 AM   #5

Matching the grout will be the tough part. I would call Tiffin and see if they will send you the grout they used.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
As far as the grout goes, Tiffin has been using a product by MAPEI called Keropoxy Epoxy Mortar and Grout for years. I had to have a grout repair (missed grouting) at the top of the steps when we first got our coach back in Jan 2010. Still holding up great. They were still using the same thing in the service center last May (2015). It has some flex to it but is tough stuff. I don't have any discoloration of the joints after all these years, nor have I had a crack anywhere. Mine was labeled chamois color.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:19 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Interesting, it the grout is an exoxy, I wonder if it would stay in place once the tile as removed. It is probably on the order of what they use with a Dura-Ceramic floor.