Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2022, 09:33 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
40 Ih compartment doors

We love our 2017 Phaeton 40 IH. One of the things we would like to have is a gang lock on our basement compartment doors. I have not seen anything "out there" that would be available as an after market fit but thought I would ask on this forum. Seems like a lot of people share ideas and updates here. We did not order this motor home; don't even know if it is on the option list for a Phaeton if ordered new. The next one for sure will have it installed, but would add it to this one if there is a product that would work.
Mbe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2022, 05:39 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I would think you have it. We have a remote (Trimark) that locks/ unlocks the door and locks/ unlocks the basement (4 buttons). Plus the button just inside the door that locks/ unlocks the basement. And finally, if we hold the 1-2 button on the assist handle outside it locks the door and the basement. This is on a 2014 Allegro Bus 37AP.

All of those options don't lock 5 basement compartments - chassis batteries, house batteries, DEF, generator release, wet bay, & electrical.

Sent from my SM-G973U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-22-2022, 09:13 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
I would think you have it. We have a remote (Trimark) that locks/ unlocks the door and locks/ unlocks the basement (4 buttons). Plus the button just inside the door that locks/ unlocks the basement. And finally, if we hold the 1-2 button on the assist handle outside it locks the door and the basement. This is on a 2014 Allegro Bus 37AP.

All of those options don't lock 5 basement compartments - chassis batteries, house batteries, DEF, generator release, wet bay, & electrical.

That probably comes standard on the Bus. I do not know if automatic compartment "gang locks" were even an option on a Phaeton when ordered new. It is possible that an aftermarket system has been developed that I could install.
This forum is a great resource for new ideas and fixes for motorhomes.
Thank you,
Bob
Mbe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I just figured 3 years later features on a Bus would have migrated to the Phaeton. Call TriMark in Red Bay. They still supply the parts for those features to Tiffin.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:18 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
You're in the same boat we are, Tiffin started adding remote locks to the compartments with the 2018 Phaetons. It can be added, but it will be expensive and a lot of work.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, doors